Position: Animal Control Officer I (FT) Department: Animal Care & Control
Starting Salary: $12.21/hr FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: April 22, 2021 Closing Date: May 6, 2021
This position is responsible for providing care for shelter animals, operating animal shelter and assisting Animal Control Officer in animal pickups. This position may be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Feeds, walks, exercises, and bathes shelter animals; provides medical care and administers medications.
- Maintains animal records.
- Cleans shelter facilities, cages, and runs.
- Responds to calls, complaints of injured, nuisance, stray or diseased animals.
- Houses animals for rabies quarantine.
- Loads, delivers, sets, and baits animal traps; removes captured animals from traps.
- Locates pet owners; traces rabies tags, microchips, ID tags, and tattoos.
- Interviews citizens and files reports related to animal bites; completes required documentation.
- Completes animal intakes.
- Provides information and assistance to the public.
- Process adoptions, surrenders and reclaims.
- Conducts training for local schools and civic groups.
- Maintains and repairs equipment and tools; maintains department facilities.
- Assists in updating social media.
- Enters/updates data.
- Arranges animal transportation to other facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for 6 months.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia.
The successful candidate must pass a Background/Reference Check, and Pre-Employment Drug Screenings prior to the start of employment.
To Apply: All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 303. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.
Habersham County is an Equal Opportunity Employer