The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Title: Claims Adjuster, All Lines
Under general supervision, investigates, administers, evaluates and reconciles errors and omissions, general liability and automobile claims presented against the DeKalb County School District (“DCSD”).
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Reviews property damage and personal injury claims submitted regarding vehicle accidents.
• Gathers information from sources, including but not limited to police reports.
• Evaluates coverage, per claim, of insurance policies associated with DCSD.
• Monitors insurance claims and provides information to ensure timely handling of vehicle and property restoration.
• Prepares reports for use by Claims Examiners of investigative findings and recommendations.
• Consults with specialists such as engineers, architects, accident reconstructionist and physicians regarding claims submitted.
• Collaborates with DCSD legal counsel relating to defending DCSD against lawsuits filed, negotiating settlements; assisting with obtaining documents needed for settlement of claim.
• Investigates and rectifies all errors and omissions related to general liability and automobile claims for DCSD.
• Determines liability coverage for DCSD insurance policies.
• Assembles and analyzes loss data and trends within the areas of vehicle accident and personal injury claims.
• Performs safety/ hazard investigations for all schools and facilities and recommends and coordinates with other departments for corrective action.
• Engages in recovery and subrogation efforts.
• Assists with training regarding claims reporting.
• Provides input regarding procedures and practices with respect to claims handling.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent completed college coursework in Risk Management (ARM) or Association in Claims (AIC) designation from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university is preferred.
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in general liability and/or automobile claims required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
• Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU®) Professional Designation preferred.
• Valid insurance adjuster license issued by the State of Georgia required.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
(1) Select a job posting via the PATS website at https://pats.dekalbschoolsga.org; (2) Complete an on-line application; and (3) Submit the required documents. Please check your “To Do List” for a list of requirements. Documents underlined in blue can be attached. All other documents must be submitted to The Division of Human Capital Management.