The Putnam County Board of Commissioners is seeking a Golf Course Superintendent
To manage the day-to-day operations of the golf course and golf shop and in promoting the game of golf at the Uncle Remus Golf Course to members and guests. Responsible for operation of the golf course operation and maintenance. The responsibilities include turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, (spray plan protectants and fertilizers on golf course turf) property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance or irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. Attention to details, team orientation, and being on time to work are essential to success in this position. The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests, and the property.
- Calibrates the spraying equipment.
- Maintains all areas of the golf course using both handheld and riding equipment.
- Applies and stores pesticides in accordance with regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of pesticides regarding mode of action and safety precautions.
- Maintains neat and accurate records of all pesticide applications.
- Maintains all spraying equipment and ensures that the mixing areas are clean and neat.
- Participates in morning set-up of the golf course, monitor irrigation system and pump station.
- Maintenance and repair of irrigation system
- Scouts the golf course on a regular basis for insect, weed, and disease problems. Diagnose any observations and take corrective action.
- Evaluate and prevent wilt watch for greens.
- Mowing and maintenance of all turf grass areas on the golf course.
- Manage pro-shop and staff scheduling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs job responsibilities and operates equipment according to the company safety and training programs.
- Uses personal protective equipment as trained and required.
- Report’s safety or hazard concerns to management
- Reports any on the job injury to management
- Report equipment issues to Equipment Manager immediately.
- Takes personal responsibility for safety every day.
- Must have a minimum of two years previous experience in golf course maintenance.
- Desire minimum one year experience in pesticide application
- Must be proficient in calibration of sprayers/spreaders.
- Math and computer skills are needed
- Must have or be able to obtain Georgia Pesticide Applicator’s License within six months of hire.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Desire 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Newly hired full-time employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following 30 days off full-time service.
- 401(a) with company match
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan Vesting after 5 years of full-time employment.
Basic Life Insurance
- The County pays 100% for life insurance in the amount of $30,000. Employees have the option to purchase additional coverage for themselves and dependents.
Voluntary Short -Term and Long-Term Disability
Health Reimbursement Arrangement
Paid Time Off
- Vacation (after 6 months 1 week)
- Sick Leave
11 Paid Holidays
Applications for this position will be accepted until filled. Resumes will not be accepted without an application. You can obtain an application from the County’s website: https://www.putnamcountyga.us/ or from the Human Resources Department located at 117 Putnam Drive, Eatonton, Georgia 31024