The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The Development Authority of Monroe County is accepting applications for the position of President for the Development Authority. Cover letters, resumes, and references will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 11, 2021.
The President of the Development Authority is a full-time employee who is responsible for leading all efforts related to economic development in Monroe County. This includes, but is not limited to, marketing industrial property for future development, encouraging job growth and the location of businesses in Monroe County, and implementing strategies for economic development throughout the county. The President reports to the Development Authority Board.
Monroe County is a prosperous community located in Middle Georgia, approximately 25 miles north of Macon-Bibb County and 55 miles south of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. The 2019 population of Monroe County was 27,578, with 700,000 people living within a 45-minute drive of the City of Forsyth, the county seat. Monroe County has almost 30 miles of interstate frontage along I-75 and I-475, which supports growing distribution and light manufacturing industries. Monroe County is also home to the Georgia Public Safety Training Center, the State of Georgia’s premier training complex for all state and local public safety-related units of government, which supports numerous related public safety industries and service-based industries that cater to those staying overnight in Monroe County.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties of the President of the Development Authority include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as the lead professional to prepare and market Monroe County for economic development projects considering a potential location to create new jobs and increase the tax base of a community. In addition to new growth, the President is responsible for maintaining relationships with existing companies in order to keep current investments in the area.
• Coordinate all economic development initiatives and strategies, prospect visits, existing industry and business expansions, and product management, including a target marketing action plan to attract specific sector-related businesses.
• Create and oversee all marketing platforms for non-tourism economic development in the community.
• Work with the chamber of commerce, governments, and business leaders on local, state, and federal levels to enhance the economic development environment of the community.
• Serve as a team builder and facilitator between all local, state, and federal officials, as well as local and statewide utility and infrastructure vendors that impact the community.
• Serve as the fiscal agent for all transactions relating to the Development Authority through governmental contracts and laws.
• Lead, develop, and empower a highly competent support staff who will drive the achievement of the Development Authority’s vision, mission, and goals by serving as the community’s economic development organization.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
The candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree, ideally with a Master of Business Administration or other post-graduate work, from an accredited college, or equivalent experience. A minimum of three years of management, executive, and strategic leadership experience in the economic and/or community development arena is required. Emphasis will be given to a Certified Economic Development professional or individual in process of achieving certification.
The starting salary for this position is competitive and negotiable, depending on the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
The Middle Georgia Regional Commission is conducting the initial screening for this position. Only the top candidates will receive an interview. A cover letter, resume, and three references are due no later than Friday, June 11, 2021. Any documents submitted electronically should be submitted as a single PDF file. All .zip files will be rejected via email.
Please send documents to:
Middle Georgia Regional Commission
ATTN: Greg Boike
175 Emery Hwy. Suite C
Macon, GA 31217