STATUS/HOURS: Part-Time/ 20-25 hours per week
DEPARTMENT: Finance- Municipal Court Division
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the City of Cartersville Municipal Court and the Court’s management team.
- Support Clerk of Municipal Court with all aspects of Court Administration/Operations.
- Aid with preparation/maintenance of court docket
- Assist in procuring court data/documents/materials
- Maintain Court’s cash receipt/collection process
- Serve as receptionist/administrative assistant for all Court operations.
- Perform various confidential inquiries using law enforcement/judicial databases.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Demonstrated experience in use of PC/Computer equipment and administrative office support software applications, i.e. MS Office, preferably in a legal/judicial setting.
- Demonstrated customer service skills, especially working with upset customers via face to face and/or phone.
- Excellent organizational skills as used in an administrative office setting.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills; proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college/university in criminal justice, certification as a paralegal, and/or equivalent experience in a legal/judicial environment.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a municipal court organization preferred.
- Proficiency in use of word processing software to create documents/correspondence with accuracy at minimum of 50 words per minute.
Interested in applying? Please submit a letter of interest and resume in PDF format only to Human Resources in person at 1. North Erwin St. Cartersville, GA 30120 or email documents to HR@CityofCartersville.org
The City of Cartersville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideraThe City of Cartersville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.