The City of Milton is looking for a highly qualified individual to serve as a Planner II.
The Planner II position performs a variety of professional planning services for the City of Milton Community Development Department. The Planner II reports to the Community Development Director and ensures compliance with state planning laws, the City's Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and other local ordinances; and assists in the review and approval of Community Development-related applications and processes.
Typical duties include:
- Provides customer service and technical assistance to the general public on any planning and zoning-related matters
- Interprets and evaluates planning and planning-related ordinances and laws, and advises citizens of their impact
- Coordinates and interacts directly with the development community, including property owners, developers, architects, builders, attorneys, and others, providing guidance related to ordinances, procedures, and time frames
- Maintains case logs, files, and spreadsheets
- Prepares supporting materials for distribution at public hearings
- Reviews various zoning-related permits, including Zoning Certifications, Administrative Permits, Administrative Variances, Minor Variances, and Administrative Minor Variances
- Reviews sign applications for compliance with the City's Sign Ordinance
- Reviews all development and building plans related to zoning matters, including Land Disturbance Permits, Plats and Building Permits
- Reviews land use petitions and variance applications for thoroughness and accuracy, and manages these throughout the process
- Prepares staff reports, makes recommendations, and presents findings to the Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning Commission as requested
- Assists with drafting amendments to the City's Zoning Ordinance, Comprehensive Plan and Development Regulations
- Conducts research and collects and analyzes various data to produce accurate and logical reports for the Department, City boards, City Council and others
- Actively participates in public meetings related to short-term and long-range planning activities
- Writes effectively with minimal need for revisions, including memos, staff reports, and public participation materials
- Authors and produces informative printed and oral reports, and/or presentations, and delivers the reports/presentations to diverse audiences
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in City Planning, Landscape Architecture or related field and three (3) years of professional planning and zoning experience or any comparable combination of education and experience. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications and of modern principles and terms used in general and applied planning, development regulations, land use theory, and comprehensive planning and zoning requirements. Ability to communicate effectively and must possess strong interpersonal relationship and time management skills. Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license and at least five years of food driving history.
Preferred qualifications include a Master’s degree in City Planning, Landscape Architecture or related field from an accredited college or university, and excellent oral and written communication skills .
For prompt consideration, send your resume to email@example.com.
- Salary/Pay Rate:Starting salary $56,000 to $62,000
- Posted Date:05/20/2021
TEAM MILTON is committed to an environment that nurtures understanding across differences, training, mentoring and provides a workplace where all staff feel welcome and valued.