Position: Equipment Operator (FT) Department: Road & Bridges
Starting Pay Rate: $13.33/hour FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: May 21, 2021 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for operating a variety of construction and maintenance equipment necessary for the accomplishment of various road and infrastructure maintenance and repair projects. This position is also responsible for assisting with road and drainage maintenance activities, mowing grass on county rights of way, and clearing and chipping brush. This position also requires on call status.
Additional + $1.50/hour CDL B or $2.00/hour CDL A Stipend
- Operates a variety of equipment.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure that it is in proper operating condition; checks brakes, mirrors, lights, air pressure, etc.
- Performs equipment maintenance duties such as lubricating, greasing, and checking belts, hoses, air pressure, oil, gas, and other fluids.
- Cleans and makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment.
- Order’s replacement parts.
- Assists with road and drainage maintenance activities.
- Mows grass on county rights-of-way.
- Clears and chips brush; removes overhanging tree limbs.
- Seals cracks and patches potholes.
- Delivers supplies, equipment, and personnel to and from work sites.
- Assists with snow removal operations.
- Collects litter from right-of-way.
- Installs driveway culverts.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools.
- Flags traffic at work sites.
- Performs related duties.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Minimum one-year experience sufficient to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position.
- Must be able to reach an on-call site within 30 minutes of being dispatched.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Skill in operating equipment such as a tractor, mower, backhoe, dump truck, jack hammer, and other related hand-held tools and construction equipment.
- Skill in operating power tools such as chain saws and weed eaters.
- Skill in the use of tools such as a shovel, pick and rake.
- Skill in defensive driving techniques.
The successful candidate must complete a Background/Reference Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screening prior to the start of employment.
To Apply: All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 303. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.