The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Roberta is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Police Officer. Responsibilities of this position are to provide protection of life and property, enforcement of federal, state and local laws, response to emergency situations, investigation of criminal activity, and specialized duties within an assigned division/unit. The starting salary is negotiable based upon training and experience, current P.O.S.T. Certified Officers.
• Must possess and maintain Georgia Peace Officer Certification;
• Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license; must be a U. S. Citizen;
• Must be 21 years of age (birth certificate required);
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED; supplemented by 5 months previous experience and/or training involving law enforcement or security work; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job;
• Must pass an extensive background investigation including a pre-employment drug screen; Previous drug use may be a disqualifying factor;
• Must be able to work a 12 hour shift including on-call status, nights, weekends, holidays, court dates and possible overtime;
Benefits package includes:
Applications and Resumes are currently being accepted for full time officer positions. Applications can be picked up at Roberta City Hall.
Send applications and resumes to:
Chief of Police
City of Roberta
123 E. Agency Street
PO Box 278
Roberta, Georgia 31078
NO TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED
The City of Roberta is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Male, Female, Disabled or Veteran.p >