Putnam County Elections and Registration is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time position of Assistant Supervisor of Elections and Registration.
Responsible to the Supervisor of Elections and Registration for assisting with administering all federal, state, and county elections and voter registration services in Putnam County in accordance with federal law, the Georgia Election Code, State Election Board Rules, and Board Policy.
- Assists with the maintenance of an accurate voter registration list, including the addition of new voters and the removal of deceased voters, convicted felons, challenged voters, and transfers.
- Assists with the maintenance and organization of voter registration reports.
- Attends training and certification sessions that may require extended travels throughout the state.
- Maintains current knowledge of laws pertaining to the elections and registration process.
- Assists with the preparation of various reports as required by the Secretary of State and the Board of Elections and Registration.
- Maintains compliance with election law and Board policies.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget.
- As required, assists with interoffice communication with the Clerk of Superior Court regarding address updates for maintenance of the jury list, and updates to the 911 system and Chamber of Commerce regarding street and address range changes.
- Maintains compliance with state mandated duties such as mailing confirmation notices and deleting voters due to no contact.
- Inputs credit for voting for provisional ballots into the GVRS System after each election.
- Assists with preparing and proofing ballot information.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Elections and Registration.
- Serves as absentee ballot clerk for each election. Providing chain of custody for every absentee ballot through to final processing and count.
- Serves as poll manager for the last week of Advance Voting.
- Provides help desk service for poll managers and voters on election days to solve problems or answer any questions.
- Assists Board of Elections and Registration with the review of Provisional Ballots after the election.
- Performs election duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Elections and Registration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to deal with the public in a friendly manner and work efficiently under pressure.
- Records maintenance and organization.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment and office procedures.
- Previous experience in elections
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
Applications are available at the Putnam County Board of Commissioners Office, 117 Putnam Drive, Eatonton, Georgia or may be accessed and printed via our website (www.putnamcountyga.us). All completed applications should be submitted directly to Human Resources, Attention: Cynthia Miller, 117 Putnam Drive, Suite A, Eatonton, Georgia 31024.
Putnam County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.