This is a full-time position and receives all benefits afforded to regular employees.
Summary: The purpose of this classification is to provide highly responsible and complex administrative and managerial assistance to the County Manager and to supervise the Customer Service Division in providing the citizens of Glynn County a centralized point of contact for county services.
Essential Functions of the Job: The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides complex administrative and managerial assistance to the County Manager; relieves County Manager of routine administrative tasks; screens telephone calls, mail, e-mail, and other communications and initiates appropriate action/response; greets visitors, ascertains nature of business and directs to appropriate personnel; responds to open records requests; keeps management informed of significant matters, messages, documentation, or other information; composes, types, edits, or proofreads correspondence on behalf of department management; maintains calendars and schedules meetings, appointments, interviews, or other activities; coordinates travel arrangements, accommodations, conference registrations, or related plans.
- Serves as liaison between the County Manager’s office and other county departments/divisions, department directors, staff members, county officials, the public, key community leaders, outside agencies, and all other individuals or organizations; conveys information to the County Manager.
- Conducts research on topics and issues as directed by the County Manager; collects, compiles, and analyzes information from various sources; interprets and presents data in appropriate format; identify alternatives and make recommendations.
- Plans and completes short and long-term projects as assigned by the County Manager.
- Supervises customer service activities in resolving various types of inquiries, problems or complaints regarding county services; monitors the status of complaints and requests in order to ensure proper resolution; troubleshoots difficult problem calls; supervise and assists with research of requests, problems and complaints and initiates appropriate action; receives reports, surveys, statistical data productivity data, etc. for review and analysis; compiles reports of call volume and resolution; maintains accurate records of customer service activities.
- Interviews and selects candidates to fill customer service positions; supervises, directs, trains and evaluates customer service staff; processes employee concerns and problems; directs work; completes employee performance appraisals; counsels employees and recommends disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Coordinates daily work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work in progress and inspects completed work; consults with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and provides technical expertise.
- Conducts operational research, productivity analyses and management studies to assist in the management of customer service operations, programs, and services: compiles and/or monitors various administrative and statistical data pertaining to customer service operations; researches information pertinent to task or project; analyzes data and identifies trends.
- Prepares or generates reports; makes recommendations for changes in policies and procedures to improve operations, provide more responsive service, and/or optimize the use of resources; and develops recommendations for changes in policies and procedures; and provides technical assistance and information to County Manager to aide decision making.
- Types, composes, transcribes, prepares, or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, logs, schedules, calendars, lists, vouchers, requisitions, payroll sheets, training charts, budget documents, purchase orders, bid sheets, travel requests, meeting minutes, agendas, work orders, registration cards, personnel/payroll change forms, separation notices, termination notices, project timelines, spreadsheets, charts, diagrams, or other documents.
- Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, logs, calendars, schedules, invoices, price quotes, budget reports, time sheets, attendance records, payroll reports, ordinances, regulations, policies, procedures, rules, regulations, catalogs, manuals, directories, reference materials, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
- Coordinates department purchasing activities; monitors inventory of department equipment, forms, and supplies forms; ensures availability of adequate materials to conduct work activities; initiates requests/orders for new or replacement supplies; obtains and evaluates competitive price quotes; issues requisitions and bid sheets to finance department for items over a specified amount; types specifications for bids and quotes on technical equipment.
- Assists with preparation of budget documents; conducts research in preparation for budget process; researches potential cost savings; enters budgetary data into computer; completes budget transfer requests; assists in monitoring departmental expenditures.
- Processes documentation pertaining to payroll or personnel activities; reviews timesheets and time cards for accuracy and completeness; makes applicable calculations and researches discrepancies; maintains current attendance/leave records; prepares payroll worksheets/reports and forwards for payment; completes documentation for employee hiring, termination, or other personnel actions.
- Compiles and/or monitors various administrative and/or statistical data; performs research and makes applicable calculations; prepares/generates a variety of reports relating to department operations; submits reports to appropriate individuals or agencies.
- Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data; verifies accuracy of entered data and makes corrections; utilizes word processing, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, Internet, e-mail, or other programs; performs basic maintenance of computer system and office equipment, such as backing up data or replacing paper, ink, or toner; coordinates service/repair activities as needed.
- Communicates with supervisor, employees, applicants, other departments, county officials, board/commission members, attorneys, public service agencies, vendors, sales representatives, consultants, the public, state/federal agencies, outside agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Maintains confidentiality of departmental issues and documentation.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications: Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a field related to assigned operation, or equivalent technical experience and certification; supplemented by four (4) years previous experience and/or training that includes administrative and management assistance work at a senior level, office administration (preferably in a municipal environment), supervisory experience, customer service, bookkeeping, records management, and personal computer operations; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Special Requirements: Valid Driver's License is required.
GLYNN COUNTY HAS A TOBACCO AND SMOKE-FREE POLICY
GLYNN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SALARY RANGE: $37,948.08-$45,538.00 - DOQ