The City of Norcross is looking for a full-time HR Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to compile and maintain personnel records for all City employees. Maintain time and attendance records and payroll information including leave records, payroll deductions, employee status changes, etc. Administers benefits programs and assists employees with personnel-related matters. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Human Resources Manager with general guidance and direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain personnel files, documents, and archive documents following the retention schedule and HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with new-hire procedures, including coordinating new employee orientation, creating new employee files, administering new-hire employment materials, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly completed and filed accurately.
- Sets up new employee data in INCODE, TCP for time and attendance, and Employee Navigator for benefits enrollment.
- Organize, maintain, generate reports, and update employee information as needed in HRIS.
- Respond to internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests as directed.
- Maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City Information.
- Provide follow-up to assignments and weekly and monthly status reports to the HR Manager.
- Maintains official personnel records for City employees including employment applications, personnel action forms, I-9 forms, personal data, compensation, and benefits information, and performance reviews, medical files, and termination files.
- Reviews and files personnel action forms; posts relevant changes to insurance, retirement, and compensation benefits.
- Support the recruitment/hiring process which may include but not limited to scheduling applicants sending correspondence, interviews, offer letters, and background, creating and storing recruitment files.
- Assist with off-boarding employees which include collecting city property, filing appropriate documentation, removal from INCODE payroll and benefits, notifying benefit coordinator, and consolidating personnel records.
- Assist with the payment of department invoices and reconcile insurance billing statements.
- Tracks and coordinates FMLA
- Interpret and communicate Human Resources rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assists employees with questions on their benefits including insurance, retirement, workers’ compensation, Family and Medical Leave Act, other fringe benefits processes necessary paperwork and makes proper notifications to ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- Coordinates employee customer service programs, including employee awards and quarterly events.
- Coordinate’s wellness program, including maintaining participation records and arranging for annual flu shots.
- Assists with year-end ACA and workers’ compensation reporting
- Assists with open enrollment each year.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Essential Duties
- Adheres to all applicable state and federal laws; local ordinances; City and Departmental policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Makes positive suggestions for improvement.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal communication skills with citizens, co-workers, and supervisors.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative and human resource experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in Human Resources or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is preferred
- Performs administrative duties in the City’s Human Resource Department, including filing documents, answering phones, maintaining calendars, travel arrangements, scanning documents, organizing files.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work independently and within a team environment in a fast-paced ever-changing atmosphere.
Scope and Impact:
Considerable initiative and independent judgment are expected in resolving day-to-day problems, even where clear-cut guidelines are not available. The position has recurring work situations that involve having a very high degree of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective utilization of accepted programs and routines is high. Errors in judgment will waste resources and adversely impact performance. Incumbent operates independently but work is verified. Work priorities are determined by the incumbent and then reviewed and agreed upon with the direct manager.
Frequently in contact with the supervisor, other members of the Administrative Services team, co-workers, human resources, and external vendors. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people in a courteous, tactful, and fair manner under all conditions. Ability to provide information and explanations of the processes and procedures of the department and municipal government to employees, human resources, and management.
- Strong communication skills; includes success in written communication, interpersonal communication, group communication, phone skills, and electronic communication.
- Ability to always display professionalism.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving is necessary.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, methods, equipment, and standard clerical procedures including electronic filing and records management.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, and equipment, and standard clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of record-keeping and filing techniques.
- Knowledge of the City's personnel policies and procedures, rules and regulations, operational instructions, and payment plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal laws relating to employment and personnel practices, including Fair Labor Standards Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act; Equal Employment Opportunities Commission requirements; workers’ compensation laws, Department of Labor requirements, and applicable tax codes.
- Ability to handle difficult situations in an effective, safe, timely, and legal manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective relationship with City employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear clearly.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: starting $47,336 + experience
Submit a Norcross Application to email@example.com
EOE/DFW; No phone calls please; submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org