The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Position: Assistant Elections Supervisor (FT) Department: Elections & Registration
Starting Salary: $19.32/hour FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: July 13, 2021 Closing Date: July 27, 2021
This position is responsible for assisting with supervision and management of divisions within the department, such as voter registration, absentee by mail and election events, and to help determine best practices and procedures based upon Georgia Election Codes. .
• Aides in supervising, directing, and evaluating assigned poll worker staff; develops, interprets, trains staff in and enforces operations, policies, and procedures.
• Helps to make hiring or termination decisions/recommendations; approves/processes employee concerns and problems and counsels or disciplines as appropriate.
• Establishes workloads and prioritizes work assignments; assists with the completion of employee performance reviews.
• Approves leave/vacation requests.
• Assists with the tracking of each election cycle; determines best practices to track each task and staff during an election project in order to help keep the Election Supervisor abreast of developments and/or potential delays that could impact operations.
• Assists the Elections Supervisor with projecting, managing and maintaining adequate and accurate election and grant budgets and expenditures.
• Aides in overseeing and managing registration, absentee, elections and administrative functions of the department; provides oversight of logistical operations of elections to include equipment deployment, warehouse operations, early voting activities and poll worker training and assignment; helps to monitor the development and maintenance of the department’s annual budget plan; helps ensure standard operating procedures are routinely reviewed, updated and maintained; participate in the development and maintenance of the department’s contingency plans for operations; implement and manage the department’s cross training program and production of position desk procedures.
• Helps prepare or complete various forms, reports, correspondence, and other documentation, including performance appraisals, memos for new positions, budget proposals, news releases, and PowerPoint presentations; compiles data for further processing or for use in preparation of department reports; and maintains computerized and/or hardcopy records.
• Maintains a current, comprehensive knowledge and awareness of applicable laws, regulations, principles, and practices relating to registration and elections processes; maintains an awareness of new trends and advances in the profession; attends workshops and training sessions.
• Collaborate with Election Supervisor to respond to Board of Registration & Elections, Board of Commissioners, and the media.
• In absence of Chief Registrar and Elections Supervisor, represents the department to media, voters, other departments, municipalities etc., represent department at Board of Commissioners meetings; serve as liaison with Secretary of State's office with regard to elections and voter registration; serve as Election Supervisor and Chief Administrative Officer for the Habersham County Board of Registration and Elections, including ensuring implementation of Board policies, scheduling meetings, and preparing/approving agendas and minutes; and communicates with these and other individuals/entities as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
• Answer phones and greet/assist customers in the office.
• Performs other related duties as required.
The successful candidate must pass a Background/Reference Check, and Pre-Employment Drug Screenings prior to the start of employment.
To Apply: All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 303. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.p >