Pay Grade: 112
Job Code: TBD
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This person may be responsible for developing and implementing marketing efforts as it relates to events and the development and coordination of events and marketing materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with planning and execution of city events and team functions for assigned events
- Support event planning and preparation to include coordinating/making space reservations and other arrangements, assisting in the registration process, materials distribution, etc.
- Ensure all logistical details are arranged from start to finish for all events including but not limited to, venue location, A/V, catering, gathering quotes, menus, run of show logistics and obtaining approval from involved parties
- Assist with the planning process, develop themes, ideas, messaging, collateral and distribution materials to help enhance and supplement the events
- Execute all special events for the city (i.e. Career Fair, Breakfast with Santa)
- Manage pre-event meetings, agendas and status calls and complete post-event reporting, lead hand-off photos, surveys etc.
- Proactively streamline processes, improve and promote cross business unit offerings, engage in insightful
- Manage all departmental events
- Oversee and manage special event requests and process
- Manage all ribbon cutting/grand opening ceremonies for the City of Douglasville
- Manage volunteers for events and volunteer database
- Maintain city events calendar
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local hospitality partners;
- Primary duty is obtaining orders or contracts from non-local customers for use of the Conference Center facility and groups or organizations soliciting group hotel rates with local hoteliers;
- Maintains a working knowledge of Metro Atlanta facilities, attractions and services available to client. Acts as a liaison between these entities and client, negotiating with suppliers on behalf of the client to win the business for Douglasville;
- Makes presentations and prepares bid packets to organizations as well as soliciting clients by phone, letter, direct mail, e-mail, & in-person sales calls. Follows with leads to hotels providing information regarding groups’ history and current data (dates, number of rooms, attendance, and meeting specs);
- Develop itineraries, packages and more for both individual leisure travelers and groups and develop appropriate sales tools to enhance production. Customize events for groups as requested;
- Create presentations to display and communicate ideas, offerings, options, booth design ideas, booth messaging, event messaging etc. for trade shows and large events
- Develops techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing customer contacts
- Responsible for generating new leads and setting goals;
- Oversees and organizes promotional materials and assemble information packages for promotions;
- Plans Conference Center signature events each year
- Address customer inquiries regarding property facilities, room rates and services;
- Conducts site inspections and property tours with potential customers;
- Prepares proposals, contracts, reports and banquet event orders throughout the sales process;
- Serves as the point of contact for customers;
- Communicates with customers by phone and email to address questions and concerns;
- coordinates with onsite catering team on upcoming events
- Oversees upcoming events with Conference Center staff;
- Promotes awareness of Conference Center at expos, tradeshows and bridal shows;
- Performs general office duties to support Conference Center staff; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Relations, Marketing or any related field; and five (3) years of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general office practices and terminology
- Skilled in Microsoft office and Adobe suite
- Ability to use proper grammar and spelling
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public.
- Ability to create art work for promotional materials
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with local community groups and various city departments
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate routine office machines, including fax machines and copiers
- Ability to operate a PC, perform data entry and print documents
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to employees and vendors in person and by telephone
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends
The work is light work and requires handling, hearing, kneeling, lifting, mental acuity, pulling, pushing, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
The incumbent works in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals, priorities, and needs. Works customarily and regularly off-site at trade shops and similar events.