The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
This position is responsible for participating in customer service operations.
1. Answers incoming telephone calls, email, and faxes regarding customer inquiries and complaints.
2. Operates and balances cash drawer.
3. Assists customers with questions and payment options.
4. Takes orders for new service and terminations; organizes new service agreements and mails to customers.
5. Assists field technicians in locating addresses and transponder numbers for water meters.
6. Documents work orders for customers who need assistance.
7. Adjusts customer bills as appropriate.
8. Mails and receives name and address change forms.
9. Attends safety meetings and other mandated classes.
10. Posts daily meter readings and compiles final bill process for terminated customer accounts.
11. Maintains records of new meter purchases, installation sheets and new meter accounts.
12. Issues unmetered water permits, maintain records of unmetered water usage & outstanding permits.
13. Coordinates work with field staff regarding service request, disconnection of service, customer complaints, hydrant flushing and meter installations.
14. Maintains annual list of top ten water and sewer users.
15. Receives general Water System office deliveries and distributes items to various groups within the Water System.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
1. Knowledge of accounting and billing operations.
2. Knowledge of Water System operations, policies, and procedures.
3. Knowledge of county policies and procedures.
4. Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
5. Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
6. Skill in oral and written communication.
7. Skill in planning and meeting deadlines.
The Customer Service Supervisor and Senior Customer Service Representative assigns work in terms of general instructions The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include county and department standard operating procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
DRUG AND ALCOHOL COMPLIANCE