The Chatham County Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission (the MPC) is seeking to hire Development Review Support Technician. The purpose of this job is to perform subdivision, site plan, and development review services for the MPC’s Development Services Department. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing subdivision plats, site plan review, drafting staff reports, assisting the public by answering questions, researching issues, and providing information to elected officials, members of appointed bodies, other MPC Staff, and the general public, and performing additional tasks as assigned. The selected candidate will be required to manage reviews from intake to completion, be process oriented, meet deadlines and multitask.
Essential Duties, Knowledge Skills & Abilities: The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Review of and report writing for subdivisions (major, minor, recombination of properties and final plats).
- Site plan and zoning review as needed; including producing reports to be presented to the Planning Commission.
- Assisting SAGIS in maintaining the Master Address Database (MAD) and establishing new addresses for lots created through the subdivision process.
- Assisting developers and members of the public with zoning and development questions in person, by telephone and/or email.
- Participating in pre-application meetings with members of the development community.
- Consulting with City of Savannah and Chatham County staff on development matters.
- Providing information to other Planning Staff on plan review and site conditions.
- Assisting in the administration of the zoning ordinance and subdivision regulations; conducting research on various issues related to zoning or development regulations.
- Assisting in the review and preparation of reports regarding variances, subdivisions, appeals of interpretation of design review, and planned development concepts for the development review process.
- Ability to read and interpret the city and county zoning and development-related ordinances, codes, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to read maps and review site plans.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate meetings and conduct public presentations.
- Knowledge of functions, principles, methods, and techniques of public sector planning, including those related to community planning, and natural and cultural resource planning.
Minimum Training & Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Associate degree with two (2) years of relevant experience (Bachelor's degree preferred), knowledge and a level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in Urban Planning, Regional Planning, Civil Engineering or a related field, such as landscape architecture required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and public sector experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite software.
Please send your resume via email to the attention of: Pamela Everett, Assistant Executive Director Compliance & Operations firstname.lastname@example.org