Position: Information Technology Specialist (FT) Department: Information Technology
Starting Pay Rate: $18.40/hour FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: July 9, 2021 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Information Technology Specialist is a key person responsible for the day-to-day operation of the network and computer systems. This position supports the installation of the organization's network and computer systems, including local area networks, wide area networks, and other communication systems. This member is also responsible for providing operational support to end users to ensure IT systems are stable, operating efficiently, effectively, and securely. The incumbent must possess a high level of technical expertise, good communication and documentation skills, and have a clear focus on best business practices in an enterprise environment.
- Perform audits and collect data in order to evaluate the network's or system's performance and help make the system work more efficiently.
- Monitor and maintain system backups, anti-virus protection, data security, and system logging.
- Perform regular maintenance including patching software and updating firmware to ensure systems are up to date and operating correctly.
- Assist in the documentation and inventory management of network and computer systems.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that email and data storage networks are working properly.
- Assist in the design of new systems and analyze network models.
- Develop project plans, procedural documentation, visual diagrams, and relevant reports.
- Provides first contact, help desk support for end users.
- Install, upgrade, repair, and provide functional and operational support of all network and computer hardware, software, operating systems, and applications.
- Troubleshoot and maintain all network and computer systems and ensure that all systems are meeting optimal performance.
- Solve problems when a user or an automated monitoring system informs them that a problem exists.
- Verify that employees' workstations are working efficiently and operating as intended.
- Receive, communicate, document, and track system support request to ensure timely and proper resolution.
- Assist with the development, documentation, and testing of county-wide disaster recovery procedures and systems.
- Identify areas for network and computer system improvements to reduce long-term support requirements.
- Research various technology related hardware and software.
- Assist with purchasing new equipment and assist with budget preparations.
- Communicate needs for additional resources and solutions to the IT Director.
- Will participate in rotating on-call duties and is expected to be available for problem resolution 24/7 while on call.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of an associate's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or work related technical experience.
- At least two years of experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing PC hardware and software preferred.
- A solid understanding of PC hardware, software, mobile computing devices, peripheral equipment, and networking principles and functions. Solid technical troubleshooting skills and a working knowledge of current technologies.
- Strong multi-tasking, customer service, and communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to end-users.
- Proficient computer skills in programs including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- A+ Certification, Net+ and or Security+ Certifications.
The successful candidate must complete a Background/Reference Check, Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
To Apply: All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 301. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.