The Putnam County Board of Commissioners is seeking a talented Special Project Coordinator with a passion for organization. Special Project Coordinator will work independently to deliver on responsibilities in collaboration with County Manger.
The coordinator shall analyze research data to find the root cause of a problem or defect. The coordinator and team use the analysis to direct the course of the project to get the desired results. The coordinator will hire the services of outside organizations or professionals to complete work on the project. County Manger may be consulted regarding budgeting, deliverables, accountability, and special requirements for any outside services. The successful applicant must have the skills to supervise other employees to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget. The Special Project Coordinator must also supervise and monitor the work of outside contractors, vendors, and staff in relation to the project.
Responsibilities of the Special Project Coordinator include:
- Special Project Coordinator is responsible for managing project implementations.
- Participate in project design meetings and propose improvements if necessary
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solutions
- Plan and manage team goals, project schedules and new information
- Supervise current projects and coordinate all team members to keep workflow on track
- Manage project-related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed and stored
- Direct project correspondences by preparing and reviewing project proposals, memos, meeting minutes and emails
- Communicate with staff to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives
- Review the project requirements and scope and assist the County Manger in the development and tracking of project plans and dependent deliverables. Assist in managing to scope while tracking changes through change control.
- Provide updates on projects to clients and senior management team.
- Schedule project meetings per project plan and/or need.
- Communicate with staff on project specific activities, including meeting summaries and action items.
- Plan and executes project implementation. Maintain project implementation schedule and related documents for assigned projects.
- Maintain and update product and Due Diligence documentation
- Ensure Due Diligence requests are addressed with the most current and appropriate documentation.
- Meets with Supervisor and make suggestions regarding status and project management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have skills:
- Experience with project management preferred.
- Experience managing external resources.
- Experience implementing projects.
- Scheduling and tracking projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- College degree, a plus
- Excellent Written communication
- Oral communication
- Project management
- Problem solving
- Follow up
Salary – Commensurate with experience
Applications are available at the Putnam County Board of Commissioners Office, 117 Putnam Drive, Eatonton, Georgia or may be accessed and printed via our website (www.putnamcountyga.us). All completed applications should be submitted directly to Human Resources, Attention: Cynthia Miller, 117 Putnam Drive, Suite A, Eatonton, Georgia 31024.
Open until filled
Putnam County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.