This is a full-time position and receives all benefits afforded to regular employees.
Please complete a Glynn County Employment Application and Applicant Questionnaire to apply for the position.
Summary: Under general supervision, this position is responsible for coordinating recruitment, compensation, and classification activities for Glynn County.
Essential Job Functions: The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Analyzes job requirements and consults with department directors and/or hiring managers to determine if changes are needed.
- Assists in the development of policy guidelines for recruitment and selection; applies and enforces guidelines. Evaluates applicants experience, training, and education in terms of job requirements and identifies qualified applicants; refers applicants for employment to hiring departments for interviews.
- Reviews employment interview questions for job relatedness and compliance to local, state and federal laws; develops interview questions; participates in employment interviews; documents interview and panel screening process.
- Schedules and administers employment entry-level examinations; reviews testing systems, programs, and software to determine validity, reliability and applicability to county jobs.
- Obtains reference checks, motor vehicle records and criminal histories, substance screening results, physical examination results and other post-offer employment test results on prospective employees.
- Reviews various employment documentation, including but not limited, to request to recruit and hire forms, new employee personnel action forms and separation forms, for accuracy and proper authorization.
- Attends and makes presentations at job fairs and community events. Conducts new employee interviews to determine the quality of the employee’s orientation experience; conducts exit interviews with employees separating from Glynn County; reports issues and problems to the Human Resources Director and the appropriate Department Director.
- Completes salary and benefits surveys and provides classification and compensation information as requested to employees, supervisors, department directors, other jurisdictions and the general public.
- Conducts job evaluations; develops or revises class specifications. Assists in the development of career track criteria. Reviews requests for compensation above minimum rate; analyzes current salaries for internal equity; recommends approval or denial of requests; provides alternatives for compensation offers.
- Reviews performance appraisal forms for completion; process merit increases. Reviews and processes personnel action forms; updates changes to employee compensation and classification in human resources management system.
- Generates and updates position control reports. Maintains confidentiality of departmental issues and documentation. Performs general/clerical tasks, which may include answering telephone calls, typing documents, making copies, sending or receiving faxes, filing documentation, processing incoming/outgoing mail, or shredding confidential or obsolete documentation.
- May perform notarization of documents as needed. Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Education, Training and Experience: Bachelor’s degree and two(2) years of professional experience in the human resources management including experience in the job’s specialized field of recruitment and selection, employment services, classification and compensation.
Required Certificates/Licenses: Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Society of Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) is preferred. Valid Driver’s License is required. Requires possession and maintenance of valid State of Georgia Notary Public certification which can be obtained in first 6 months of employment.
GLYNN COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
1725 REYNOLDS STREET BRUNSWICK GEORGIA 31520
GLYNN COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
GLYNN COUNTY HAS A TOBACCO AND SMOKE-FREE POLICY
SALARY RANGE: $39,403.00-$47,283.00