Two Rivers Gun Range - Range Master
Plans, organizes, coordinates, and manages the operations of the Camden County Recreational Shooting Complex. Greets range patrons, answers questions and explains safety regulations. Observes individuals on the firing line to ensure firearm safety regulations are followed and provide
s assistance and/or instruction to patrons. Oversees and supervises all Range Safety Officers. Must be able to lift targets and target frames, as well as work in an environment that has frequent exposure to high noise levels. The Range Master will follow all personal safety precaution regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review new range facility development, existing range modifications, changes in range use, and range closure;
- Act as primary liaison for existing range modifications, changes in range use, and range facility closures;
- Inspect, evaluate, provide technical expertise, and provide coordination with appropriate parties for operational effectiveness and efficiency;
- Review all signs used at shooting complex, including standardized AND specialty signs, to ensure federal aid compliance, and consistency of range information and operations;
- Maintain the master database of all range facilities, their features and other range-specific information including: Operating Procedures (OP); Environmental Stewardship Plans (ESP); construction history; inspections; modifications; changes in use; range closures; reclassification of ranges as inactive; and Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with cooperative third-party ranges; and Memberships;
- Provide oversight and record keeping of all range activities including expenditures and dues, in addition to providing a weekly range update;
- Provide range inspection procedures, trainings, and forms necessary to conduct formal follow-up inspections;
- Provide input on procedures, guidelines, and revisions of range policies and regulations related to shooting ranges and their use;
- Provides instruction and oversight of range regulations and Standard Operation Procedures;
- Monitor all activity on the shooting lanes during live fire sessions;
- Assist customers with appropriate lane and target operations;
- Operate a safe, clean, well-organized shooting range;
- Build and place target frames;
- Perform daily inspections, and repair and maintain range maintenance equipment;
- Instructs patrons on the safe use of firearms and hunter safety certification;
- Adheres to County personnel policies and procedures at all times;
- Maintains a 40 hour work week;
- Schedules training days and range events as directed;
- Performs other work as required or when directed by administration.
- In the event of an emergency, all Camden County employees are considered essential and may be required to perform alternate duties.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties or responsibilities does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of firearms safety regulation, firearms, archery equipment, ammunition and related supplies;
- Ability to instruct in the use of firearms and safety procedures;
- Ability to complete reports and maintain a supply inventory;
- Ability to operate and perform preventative maintenance on electrical/mechanical equipment;
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to function as a positive team leader;
- Ability to make decisions on range safety;
- Ability to make decisions on daily range operations;
- Presents a positive image of the County by courteously working with the public;
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- 3-5 years related experience as a Range Master or equivalent preferred.
- NRA Chief RSO certification is required within 6 months of hiring;
- Customer service training is required within 3 months of hiring;
- First Aid certification is required within 6 months of hiring;
- Additional Certifications requested: GA Hunter Education Instructor, NRA rifle/pistol/shotgun instructor.