Position: Permit & License Specialist (FT) Department: Planning & Development
Starting Salary: $14.13/hour FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: September 14, 2021 Closing Date: September 27, 2021
This position assists the Department Director in enforcing provisions of Business License Code and building permits. Ensures proper assessment and collection of appropriate fees.
- Processes business license applications, assists the public with general information regarding licensing and applications, and issues business licenses.
- Issues building, electrical, heating and air, gas, plumbing, mobile home, building relocation, fireplace/stove, demolition permits.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; refers to appropriate personnel; and takes messages.
- Inputs application information and maintains records of application requests.
- Calculates, collects and deposits all fees collected by the department.
- Reviews rules, regulations, and ordinances as they may relate to business licenses.
- Provides licensing information to assist individuals or groups interested in starting new businesses or renewing current licenses. Refers licensing applicants to proper state or Federal agencies, if additional regulatory licensing or other information is required.
- Reports violations and work closely with the Code Enforcement office to assist the public to come into compliance with codes.
- Contacts unlicensed businesses and businesses with expired licenses for proper compliance with licensing ordinance by phone or mail; prepares and issues notices for delinquent, unlicensed businesses and renewal licenses for businesses; follows through with necessary collection procedures, including coordination with Code Enforcement office for citations for violations.
- May represent Habersham County at various meetings, hearings, etc., regarding business licensing processes.
- Performs other related duties as required and/or directed.
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Ability to become a Notary Public within six (6) months of hire date.
The successful candidate must complete a Background/Reference Check, Pre-Employment Drug Screening.
To Apply: All applicants must complete a Habersham County employment application. Applications can be found online at www.habershamga.com. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 303. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.
Habersham County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.