The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Dunwoody is currently accepting applications for a Deputy Municipal Court Clerk position.
This position is responsible for assisting the Court Clerk in all clerical and administrative aspects of the Dunwoody Municipal Court. Duties are performed under the general supervision of the Court Clerk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides assistance to the public, defendants, attorneys and internal customers regarding court dates and scheduled times, fines, pleas and other information as requested via telecommunications, email or in person.
• Assists with the preparation of the Court Dockets. Assures that all tickets and paperwork are ready for the Court. Maintains records of dispositions and court related files.
• Takes and records payments of fines. Prepares cash drawer batch daily for deposit.
• Researches information relating to citations and other related matters, including but not limited to the retrieval of driver and criminal histories via GCIC.
• Efficiently maintains all paper-based and electronic files applicable to the Municipal Court.
• Retrieves citations and efficiently maintains proper filing of various data either manually or via daily electronic import of citations into court management system, computer or word processor. Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from a computer.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail, faxed documents and attorney filings.
• Prepares certified copies of case dispositions as requested.
• Scans all required documentation in compliance with the Municipal Court Retention Schedules as outlined by Georgia Archives.
• Treats the public and other employees in a respectful and courteous manner.
• Adheres to safe work practices and follows safety policies and rules and complies with all Personnel Policies and Department regulations.
• Prepares reports and court forms, such as petitions and warrants.
• Will be required to be cross-trained and perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job.
• Provides administrative support to judges, solicitors, probation officers and other court personnel related to arraignments, trials, probation hearings, and various other hearings as assigned by the Court Clerk.
• Attend seminars and workshops related to the Deputy Municipal Court Clerk’s duties and responsibilities to promote and enhance knowledge thereof.
• High school graduate or GED equivalent
• Two (2) years of experience in court operations
• Prefer GCIC certification with knowledge and understanding of entering Computerized Criminal History (CCH) dispositions electronically
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable
• Ability to be available to work hours as needed or necessary including, but not limited to, attending court outside normal business hours.
• Must be able to manage multiple items at the same time; prioritize tasks; and meet recurring and period time constraints; must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be bondable by a surety company.
• Must possess a valid State of Georgia Driver’s License (Class C) and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Salary: $38,209 - $61,135
• 100% City-Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Wellness Program
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Education Assistance
• Fitness Center Memberships
• Vacation Leave, Holidays, and Sick Leave
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug-Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.