Planning and Development promotes and enhances the well-being of residents, visitors, property owners, and businesses of Gwinnett County through programs and services that encourage high quality development as well as maintenance and revitalization of existing neighborhoods. The Department consists of the Administration, Planning, and Development Divisions. For more information about the Planning and Development department, click here.
As Plan Review Technician II, you will be the first level of support for customers and must have the ability to excel in a deadline driven environment while managing interruptions and reviewing residential site plans such as: house location plans, pool plans, and accessory structures. The ability to recognize commercial plan types such as site, grading, utility, landscape, architectural, mechanical, structural, plumbing, electrical, fire alarm, fire sprinkler, and fire suppression is a necessity.
Essential duties include:
- Being a lead worker for the Customer Service section
- Creating and administering a Customer Service Team training curriculum
- Assisting customers (phone, email, walk-in, and online) with complex issues
- Understanding the regulatory requirements of the Unified Development Ordinance, Property Maintenance Ordinance, and Sign Ordinance
- Understanding electronic document submittal and distribution processes of commercial plans
- Performing reviews of residential site plans to assess the documents for code compliance
- Reviewing applications and issuing permits for business ownership and location changes
- Researching zoning, land use, occupancy classification, and occupant load factors relating to the issuance of permits
- Corresponding with design professionals, developers, business owners, and citizens
- Collaborating with external and internal stakeholders to document and streamline processes
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, landscape architecture, or planning
- One year of customer service experience, specifically permitting, plan review, land use, and zoning
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job will also be considered.
- Drafting, surveying, blueprint reading, or other construction technology experience
- Electronic plan review solutions experience
- Land use and zoning experience
- Accela Automation, ePermitHub, SharePoint, ArcMap, ESRI GIS Data Browser or equivalent experience
- Reporting in Accela
The grade for this position is C41(1). Salary will be dependent on qualifications, starting at $47,227.