The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Full-time and Part-time available. $39,400 - $48,000 / year starting with rapid opportunities for increases. Come join our team!
• We're looking for professionals who enjoy serving, working hard, and being the best at what you do. Monroe County offers a competitive benefits package including 11 paid holidays, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, both short-term and long-term disability, and a defined benefit pension plan.
Certified FF/EMT-B starts at $39,400 with Certified FF/Paramedic starting at $48,900+ a year with built-in overtime, plus opportunities for professional career development! New higher pay scale to begin in January 2022. EOE, open until filled.
• This position is responsible for providing fire and medical services to the public.
• Serves as a Firefighter and an EMT or Paramedic
• Checks and restocks equipment. Participates in training. Writes Fire and EMS reports. Maintains and tests hydrants and hoses. Pre-fire plans of buildings. Performs other related duties.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of all advanced life support measures, state requirements for EMS/Fire apparatus, and equipment maintenance; firefighting tactics and equipment; of medical terminology and anatomy to write reports that can be read and understood by Doctors, Nurses, and Surgeons; of EMS certification as described through the State Office of EMS and Trauma as well as National Registry; of Fire Behavior and the ability to articulate complex scenes into words; of computers and job-related software; of best practices for preventing illness and injuries; of water supply and maintenance of hydrants; of building construction, safety practices within businesses, and basic writing.
• Skilled in explaining life safety practices to children of all ages and adults; in interpersonal relations; in oral and written communication; in critical thinking to treat and transport patients; in driving an ambulance; in extrication and hazardous materials; in teaching EMS and Fire techniques, policies, procedures and guidelines; in housekeeping; and in lift and moving heavy objects.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related emergency medical, fire suppression, and fire prevention duties. Irregular hours, weather patterns, and a variety of calls contribute to the complexity of the position. The purpose of this position is to provide fire and medical services to the public. Success in this position contributes to the public safety of the citizens of Monroe County and its visitors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently standing, stooping, bending, walking, or crouching. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell. The work is typically performed in a noisy place or outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee is exposed to dust, dirt, and grease, machinery with moving parts and contagious or infectious diseases, or irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, and gloves.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated. Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the National Fire Protection Association and the Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Act. Either National Registry or the State of Georgia EMT-B (minimum) or Paramedic license.
Submit Employee Application and Firefighter Authorization to Release at: https://www.tinyurl.com/MCEShire