Department: PUBLIC WORKS
Job Status: Full-Time
Shift: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Details: Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) including appropriate endorsement(s).The hiring rate for this position is $16.69 per hour
The purpose of this classification is to operate equipment needed to complete jobs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains equipment; assesses for wear and tear; checks fluid levels.
- Ensures appropriate operating conditions for equipment.
- Assists street crews in completing assignments.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent; and two (2) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) including appropriate endorsement(s).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to compile, assemble, copy, record, and/or transcribe data according to a prescribed schema or plan; ability to judge whether readily observable functional, structural, or compositional characteristics are similar to or divergent from prescribed standards, procedures, or routines.
- Ability to exchange information for the purpose of clarifying details within well-established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to operate, maneuver, and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Ability to utilize a variety of reference data and information.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; may include ability to count, record counts, and perform basic measuring.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form, including semi-routine standardized work with some latitude for independent judgment concerning choices of action.
- Ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness, and creativity in situations involving a variety of generally pre-defined duties which are often characterized by frequent change.
The work is heavy which requires exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound.
- Mental Acuity: Ability to make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes.
- Repetitive Motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrist, hands, and/or fingers.
- Speaking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including the ability to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately and concisely.
- Visual Acuity: Have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
Work may be performed with exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, temperature and noise extremes, fumes, hazardous materials, heights, machinery, vibrations, electric currents, traffic hazards, bright/dim light, or toxic agents.