The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
As a GIS Associate III, you will be assigned to the Planning Data Services and be responsible for lead work in support of planning, zoning, economic development, and land use including managing Geographical Information Systems, maintaining the department website, creating detailed cartographic products, performing data administration and analysis, and serving as a back-up to the Section Manager.
Essential duties include:
* Analyzing, developing, and implementing GIS application systems and modifications
* Administering data including designing and creating physical and logical data structures, loading data, and managing geodatabases
* Editing data layers using GIS software
* Performing statistical and quantitative spatial analysis of data layers
* Establishing and maintaining test environments including establishing procedures, documenting configurations, resolving performance issues
* Creating, designing, and modifying customized maps
* Assisting, supporting, and training users on software for GIS applications
* Amending documents on the County website as requested
* Performing other duties of a similar nature or level
* Bachelor's degree in geography, geographic information systems, or a related land-planning field plus
* Three years of progressively responsible, professional level GIS experience
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job will also be considered.
* Certified GIS Professional (GISP)
* Census Data experience
* Access Databases and Access Queries
Annual salary: $58,087.00