The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Master Equipment Mechanic- Fleet Services
Mon. 01/31/22 11:59 PM Eastern Time
6900 Sallie Mood Drive, Savannah, Georgia
Fleet Services Department
Purpose Benefits Supplemental Questions
New Starting Salary!! $50,827
New Month, New Beginning, New Intentions
The City of Savannah and its Fleet Services Department are currently seeking individuals of unquestionable integrity who can demonstrate sound judgement and decision making skills under all conditions. We seek leaders who possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to evaluate situations while remaining calm, and the skills to think critically and make sound decisions.
Are you someone who wants to work with dedicated people to make a real difference in the Fleet Services Department? Have you been searching for a rare yet thoroughly rewarding career? Are you someone with an innate desire to help others? Do you excel at making good decisions under pressure? If you are an experienced, motivated technician with a passion for repairing and maintaining vehicles, we want you to join our team!
You'll learn on the job, receive paid ASE certification training, gain another family and a sense of belonging that no other career can offer, and spend your time helping others by making a positive impact within the Fleet Services Department.
Our Automotive Technicians Enjoy:
5 Day Work Weeks (Monday – Friday) NO WEEKENDS!!!
Great Work Environment
Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
12 Paid Holidays
Paid Training Programs
Paid ASE Certifications
Women, Minorities and Veterans Are Encouraged to Apply!
As a Master Equipment Mechanic you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of city vehicles and equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
High School graduation or GED equivalent supplemented by six (6) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of automotive and/or heavy equipment; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Must possess and maintain a valid state Class B Commercial Driver's License with an acceptable driving history or must obtain CDL within six months of employment. NIASE certification preferred. Experience with transmission and breaks highly preferred.
Work Location: 6900 Sallie Mood Drive Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 7 am - 4 pm
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
Ideal candidates for the Master Equipment Mechanic role will have a record of successfully demonstrating the following competencies:
• Technical Professional/Knowledge and Skills - Achieved a satisfactory level of technical, functional, and/or professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; kept up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Building Trust - Interacted with other departments and divisions in a way that gives others confidence in their intentions and those of the organization.
• Interpersonal Communications - Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others' thoughts and actions.
• Decision-making - Identified and understood issues, problems, and opportunities; compared information from different sources to draw conclusions and develop appropriate solutions.
• Resolving Conflict - Helped others deal effectively with an antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and promote shared goals; used appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people and facilitate agreement.
• Stress Tolerance - Maintained stable performance under pressure or opposition (e.g., experiencing time pressure, conflict, or job ambiguity); handled stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
• Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
• Managing Work - Effectively handled one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
contact human resources @ 912-651-6484 for additional informationp >