Pickens County Government is seeking a part-time temporary Grants Assistant.
Position is 20 hours per week, up to $20.55 per hour. This position is funded for 1 year with the possibility of extending to 3 years.
This position is responsible for assisting the Grants Manager with financial accounting and reporting functions for assigned judicial programs.
- Clerical functions include: records maintenance, filing, purging records, and processing a variety of records, reports, and documentation associated with departmental operations; reviews documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Assists in writing federal and state grants.
- Assists in preparation of monthly and quarterly grant reimbursement reports.
- Performs accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bank reconciliation for Accountability Court programs; Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), District Attorney, Family Law Information Center (FLIC), and month-end disbursements for the Appalachian Pre-Trial and Probation Program.
- Monitors bank account for direct deposits and credit card payments; post entires to the Ledger.
- Assists with monthly billing including the Law Library, FLIC, and circuit payroll billing, and quarterly judicial program billing to Gilmer and Fannin counties.
- Performs related duties.
- The ability to operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with a two-year Associates Degree.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years' experience or service with a strong administrative / clerical background.
Please go to http://pickenscountyga.gov/employment-opportunity/ for a complete job description and application or 1266 E. Church Street, Jasper, Georgia 30143, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Applications may be submitted online, in person, or mailed to 1266 E. Church Street, Suite 150, Jasper, GA 30143.
Position is open until filled.
Pickens County is a Drug Free Workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.