The City of Stockbridge has a job opportunity for an Executive Assistant to the Mayor and Council. This position performs highly responsible and confidential administrative services and is responsible for coordinating the work of the Governing Body. This position is an appointed position and serves at the pleasure of the Mayor & Council.
The purpose of this position is to provide high-level administrative supervisory support for City Officials, including the Mayor and Council. Work involves the preparation of correspondence, studies, and other documents. The position requires the candidate to be responsible for performing research and detailed information; managing the coordination of Council initiatives and events; screening and independently handling a variety of routine inquiries by telephone and in person; and maintaining a variety of records and files. The position requires the applicant to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and initiative in completing assignments. The candidate must also exercise considerable tact and courtesy in frequent contact with the public.
Essential Job Duties:
- Respond to incoming calls for Mayor and Council promptly and efficiently.
- Schedule and coordinate calendars, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Coordinate office details by relieving elected officials of routine requests and matters.
- Manages and reviews with oversight the Governing Body finances and expenses. Prepares and presents the Governing Body Annual Operating Budget.
- Monitors designated budgets and expenditures, review for accuracy, and make revisions as directed by the Mayor and Council.
- Prepares, types, proofreads, and/or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, newsletter information, schedules, calendars, event attendance records, check requests, purchase orders, requisitions, budget documents, charts, graphs, spreadsheets, or other documents.
- Prepares background documents and internal and external communications as necessary and coordinate between various agencies, internal and external departments.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and follows through on issues in a timely manner.
- Prepares materials gathers, investigates, researches, analyzes, and/or studies information affecting the City of Stockbridge.
- Anticipates, identifies, and troubleshoots issues of concern or significance; exercises discretion to provide timely information and necessary updates across multiple stakeholders.
- Provide follow-up and review of miscellaneous reports and documents.
- Provides administrative support to the Office of the Mayor & Council processing a variety of documentation associated with department operations within designated timeframes and per established procedures; works with and provides guidance and assistance to the Administrative Assistant assigned to the Mayor & Council’s Office to ensure uniform and cooperative work efforts. Opening and closing the centers for scheduled initiatives/events.
- Ensures that matters requiring the attention of the Governing Body and the City of Stockbridge are thoroughly developed, researched, and evaluated.
- Manages high-priority projects in the Office of the Mayor & Council, frequently involving Department Directors and other senior staff.
- Researches, writes, edits and/or coordinates the preparation of special reports, briefings, and presentations.
- Works closely with the Public Information Officer to conceive, craft, and edit messages, letters, and other communications.
- Participates in strategic scheduling of events, meetings, and other requests to balance and address key objectives.
- Builds and maintains successful working relationships and coordination with a wide range of offices, staff, and stakeholders, internal and external to the Governing Body.
- Helps to lead and sustain a culture of service, professionalism, and continuous improvement in the Office of the Mayor & Council.
- Operates a personal computer, scanner, telephone, postage machine, general office equipment, two-way radio, or other equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include spreadsheets, databases, presentations, graphics, desktop publishing, e-mail, Internet, or other computer programs; provides training and/or technical support for other system users; troubleshoots computer problems and performs basic maintenance of computer system and general office equipment, such as backing up data or replacing paper, ink, or toner.
- Monitors inventory of department supplies and forms; ensures availability of adequate materials to conduct work activities; initiates requests/orders for new or replacement supplies.
- Communicates with employees, volunteers, other departments, City officials, other municipalities, government agencies, attorneys, contractors, vendors, customers, the public, community organizations, outside agencies, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Maintains confidentiality of departmental documentation and issues.
- Coordinates Travel & Training with the Clerk’s Office team.
- Performs job-related duties as assigned.
Associates degree in business administration, office administration, management or a closely related field supplemented by five (5) years of experience performing responsible administrative supervisory support at the executive level preferably within municipal government; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job; must have advanced skill level with Microsoft Office suite; proficient in using social media; excellent written and interpersonal skills; must have a valid State of Georgia Driver’s License. Salary range for this position is $49,328.24 to $62,893.51. Salary will be commensurate with experience.