General Summary: Under general direction of the Deputy Director, Finance, the Management Analyst will analyze situations, develop solutions and recommend action by performing a variety of professional, technical, and analytical tasks related to monitoring, mining, analyzing and interpreting data, departmental operations analysis, review and analysis of policies, protocols, procedures, and related performance metrics, and perform various other projects relating to finance and budget as assigned. This position would be instrumental in developing and maintaining Cognos Reports. This position will be required to work in an environment which requires creative thinking and is required to develop solutions which may be unique and not follow a set of established outcomes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a variety of professional, technical, and analytical duties related to identifying alternative solutions, recommending alternative courses of action, monitoring, mining, analyzing and interpreting data: departmental operations analysis, review and analysis of policies, protocols, procedures, and related performance metrics. Proposes and defends to Senior Management a best approach.
- Maintain, develop, and improve reports generated in COGNOS report writing system
- Conducts administrative studies and cost benefit analyses, prepares reports, and makes recommendations to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participates in annual budget analysis and preparation.
- Prepares and presents detailed and comprehensive reports to a variety of audiences.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in, accounting, finance from an accredited college or university. Minor in computer science - preferred.
Experience: Seven to 10 (7 to 10) years of increasingly responsible research and analytical experience in finance or related field, five (5) of which involved full-time experience in budget analysis, finance, economics, management analysis or governmental accounting. Municipal experience preferred.
- Highly qualified candidates will have knowledge and experience in a majority of the following areas: research and analysis, statistics, cost analysis, forecasting, report preparation and presentation, budgeting and economic forecasting, financial lean management or Six Sigma and other data analysis.
- Highly skilled in utilizing relevant computer programs to develop and present reports and data
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to clearly and convincingly present facts, findings and recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with good driving history. If State license is other than Georgia or South Carolina, applicant must obtain a license in Georgia or South Carolina within 30 days of employment.
- CPA, CPFO or CGFM preferred