Pickens County is seeking a full time Animal Control Officer.
Starting Pay is $13.05 per hour.
This position is responsible for the enforcement of animal control ordinances and for the impounding and care of animals.
- Patrols county to enforce animal control ordinances; issues warnings and citations to owners for violations; picks up and transports animals; assists sick and injured domestic animals.
- Investigates cases involving animal cruelty, abuse, or neglect; investigates animal nuisance cases; collects and submits evidence; takes appropriate action; prepares required reports; testifies in court.
- Responds to reports of animal bites; quarantines animals for rabies observation.
- Snares and transports animals; medicates animals for the purpose of immobilization; cages or secures animals in vehicle; supplies food, water and care to detained animals; notifies owners of impounded animals.
- Participates in the operations of the animal shelter; cares for and feeds animals; assists in cleaning and maintaining facilities and grounds.
- Maintains all required training, certificates, and licenses.
- Inspects and maintains the cleanliness of animal control vehicles; washes and cleans cage areas to prevent the spread of odor and disease.
- Responds to after-hours emergencies.
- Performs related duties.
- The ability to operate in a constant state of alertness, and safe manner.
- Processes animal intakes.
- Handles daily cash.
- Administers vaccines, medications, and microchips.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Ability to pass criminal history and background check.
Please go to https://pickenscountyga.gov/job/animal-control/ for a complete job description and application or 1266 E. Church Street, Jasper, Georgia 30143, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Applications may be submitted online, in person, or mailed to 1266 E. church Street, Suite 150, Jasper, GA 30143.
Position is open until filled.
Pickens County, Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.