This position is responsible for providing the support and management of day-to-day operations of the City of Acworth’s various information management systems.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists in the installation, troubleshooting, updating, replacement, and maintenance of technology items, both hardware and software controlled, including desktops, laptops, servers, networking equipment, wireless access, firewalls, access control, cameras, phone systems, etc.
- Assists with managing various software systems used throughout the City of Acworth.
- Assists with tracking and maintaining inventory records for all technology systems, including hardware and software.
- Assists with scheduling and managing technology updates, maintains, repairs, and installations.
- Assist with maintaining security control systems, including video camera systems, and access control.
- Assists with the management of the City of Acworth website and social media accounts.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge required by the position
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows environments and Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of video and photo editing software.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and best practices.
- Knowledge of network switch and wireless access device installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair principles.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software installation, replacement, and upgrade principles.
- Knowledge of local and wide area networks.
- Skill in researching and identifying new products.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to work and collaborate within a team.
- Ability to explain complicated computer concepts.
- Ability to facilitate productive working relationships.
The Information Technology Manager and Assistant Manager assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports, and observation of activities.
Guidelines include city ordinances, policies, and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
Complexity/scope of work
- The work consists of varied systems administration duties. The variety of equipment to be managed contributes to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to assist with administering the City’s information technology systems. Successful performance contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of a variety of operations.
- Contacts are typically with city employees, vendors, contractors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
Physical demands/work environment
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, distinguishes between shades of color, and utilizes the sense of smell.
- The work is typically performed in an office and outdoors, occasionally in inclement weather.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field and/or training; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The qualifications listed above represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Applications must be submitted online at: www.acworth.org
* * * * The City of Acworth is an Equal Opportunity Employer * * * *