The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Job Status: Full-Time
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Details: **IN ADDITION TO COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION, YOU MUST ALSO REVIEW AND COMPLETE THE POLICE SUPPLEMENTAL FORMS. ONCE COMPLETED, UPLOAD THE FORMS AND SUBMIT WITH YOUR APPLICATION. **SUPPLEMENTAL FORMS CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING THE DETAILS BUTTON, SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for overseeing the accreditation process for the Police Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Education and Experience:
Formal education equivalent of a Bachelor's degree is preferred in accounting, finance, or related field. Equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for the job. Must have knowledge of document filing systems, customer service, and records management and at least 2 year of budget experience; or any.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Principles and practices of business communication, including business letter writing and report preparation, oral speaking, and presentation.
· Ability to review, classify, categorize, prioritize, and/or analyze data.
· Ability to apply principles and in coordinating activities of a project, program, or designated area of responsibility.
· Ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
· Ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data and information.
· Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division; the ability to calculate decimals and percentages; the ability to utilize principles of fractions; and the ability to interpret graphs.
· Ability to apply facts and principles for developing approaches and techniques to resolve problems.
· Ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in situations involving evaluation of information against measurable or verifiable criteria.
· Thorough knowledge of law enforcement accreditation standards including management philosophies and operations and related familiarity with state, federal and other local agencies, and organizations. Thorough knowledge of public administration philosophies and concepts.
· Knowledge of office equipment and personal computer to include word processing and a variety of presentation media. Thorough knowledge of computer systems and business applications.
· Training Concepts.
The work is light which requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Work is performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.p >