The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Job Status: Full-Time
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Details: **IN ADDITION TO COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION, YOU MUST ALSO REVIEW AND COMPLETE THE POLICE SUPPLEMENTAL FORMS. ONCE COMPLETED, UPLOAD THE FORMS AND SUBMIT WITH YOUR APPLICATION. **SUPPLEMENTAL FORMS CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING THE DETAILS BUTTON, SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for research, application, and overseeing the grant/donation processes for the Police Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Researches and administers grants for various state and federally funded programs; compiles and submits grant applications; research funding sources and program opportunities; monitors and ensures compliance with all requirements for awarded grants; and monitors budget expenditures to track revenues and expenses.
· Research potential funding sources and seeks Requests for Proposal (RFP) from those sources for which the City is an eligible applicant.
· Prepares detailed program narratives describing strategies specifically designed to accomplish those goals and objectives that address the resolution of a specific well-defined problem; gathers and analyzes the data needed to fully identify the problem being addressed; build a demographic profile of the population residing within the area targeted for the project; develops a justification for the project; develops an implementation or action plan for the project; develops a timeline for project implementation; develops a budget for the project; and develops an evaluation model for the purpose of measuring how well the project met its proposed goals and objectives.
· Develops grant proposals to include programmatic narratives, problem identification, goals and objectives, implementation activities and timelines, program evaluation models and budgets; and the management and/or oversight of the implementation process for those grants that are funded.
· Prepares and submits in a timely manner all required grant progress reports; prepares documentation for City Council presentations.
· Identifies personnel that will receive specific grant funding to initiate project implementation; works with those personnel to ensure that the project is implemented according to its plan and in a timely manner; provides managerial guidance, technical assistance, and oversight.
· Oversees the implementation activities of all grant projects, including operational planning; site visit travel; purchase of equipment and other supplies; personnel acquisition; coordination with outside agencies; development of Memoranda of Agreements; development and scheduling of training; and the coordination of a wide-variety of community-based efforts.
· Approves all purchasing requisitions and other budgetary items that are grant-funded.
· Networks with local agencies and other grant writers, attending monthly collaborative meetings, and developing partnerships that can enhance funding opportunities.
· Prepares agenda items for and attends City Council Meetings.
· Assists with Police Department Budget.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration, criminology or a closely related field from an accredited college or university or three (3) years of experience in the development of grant proposals, budget preparation and oversight of same.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Research and Analysis - knowledgeable of research and analysis methods and techniques; thorough knowledge of statistical analysis and forecasting techniques.
· Grant application processes, procedures, rules, and requirements.
· Program development, the development of goals and objectives that operational program strategies, budgets, and program evaluation models.
· Statistical methodologies, research techniques and the ability to use such information properly and effectively, presenting it in a relevant and understandable manner.
· Principles of public administration.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
· Ability to use a personal computer, to include word processing software and statistical packages.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, at all levels of the organization and the public as necessitated by the work.
· Ability to coordinate complex projects that involve the teamwork of many different individuals performing a wide variety of tasks for the purpose of accomplishing common goals and objectives.
· Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate complex situation and research information to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to the situation.
· Decision Making - Evaluating the best method of research and then exercising appropriate judgment in establishing priorities and resolving complex matters.
· Time Management - Plans and organizes daily work routine. Estimates expected time of completion of elements of work and establishes a personal schedule accordingly. Implements work activities in accordance with priorities and estimated schedules.
· Principles and procedures of record keeping.
· Principles of fiscal, statistical, and administrative research, evaluation, and report preparation.
The work is light which requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Work is performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.p >