The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Floyd County Board of Commissioners
The purpose of this classification is to perform technical duties in the operation and maintenance of the county's electronic voting system and to assist The Election Supervisor in election office operations.
• Manages the operations of the county's Global Election Management System (GEMS); loads the election database; enters voter registration totals; prints election reports.
• Conducts logic and accuracy testing of electronic voting equipment; instructs temporary employees on correct procedures.
• Performs the upload of results to the Global Election Management System (GEMS) and generates and exports files to the Secretary of State.
• Performs general maintenance and repair of electronic voting equipment.
• Registers voters and updates current voter information.
• Processes and certifies absentee ballots.
• Performs express poll assignments and bulk update processes.
• Assists the general public, candidates, board members, poll workers, vendors, and the media with questions and concerns.
• Scans, indexes, and files registration cards, campaign reports, voter applications, and related documents.
• Assists in the training of poll workers.
• Assists with early voting procedures.
• Prints numbered lists of voters.
• Issues voter and poll worker ID cards.
Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or a related field and one (1) year experience teaching or training groups of people or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a certification as an Election Official or become certified within six months of employment. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Long Term Disability
Incentive Pay & Longevity Pay
Free Wellness Clinicp >