The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia’s college . We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high- impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university’s vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for the development and/or implementation of outreach, admissions activities, and strategies to attract and manage a recruitment territory. Arranges and attends high school and two-year college fairs and makes high school visits as assigned. Works with parents, students, faculty, and staff as needed. May collaborate on the creation of marketing and communication collateral geared toward the assigned territory.
1. Promotes the university’s academic offerings by managing a recruitment territory consisting of high schools in and out of the state; attends targeted fairs, schedules onsite and offsite visits
2. Responds to student inquiries by working the front desk; responds to assigned work tickets and email inquiries from students
3. Maintains proper knowledge of the services and programs in order to properly counsel and advise potential students seeking admission
4. Assists with the planning, implementation and execution of special promotional activities and events (i.e. on and off campus events or advising, Open House programs)
5. Identifies the appropriate geographical and diversity markets and assess comprehensive enrollment program trends
6. Serves as a liaison to various campus departments to include coordinating training and scheduling
7. Provides admissions and information session coverage on both campuses as needed
8. Advises prospective-students individually and in groups regarding admission requirements
9. Assists prospective students with degree and course selection
10. Assists prospective students with navigating the university’s academic and co-curricular landscape
11. Works with faculty and staff on communication, advisement and academic counseling related to the general admission requirements for the university or college
12. May assist with training front desk student assistants
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
One (1) year of related work experience
Previous experience in higher education
Pay Grade: E3
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to work with other student populations; Able to utilize a data-driven approach in program decision-making and evaluation; Able to maintain knowledge of proposed legislation, policies, or articulation agreements that may affect undergraduate admissions; Able to work in a fast paced work environment; Able to handle with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Familiar with recruitment-related technology and social media; Must be comfortable and knowledgeable of the travel commitments of a large-scale public university
Strong communication and negotiation skills, including professional writing, and public speaking; Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, BANNER, document imaging, student CRM databases, and reporting software); Strong attention to detail and follow up skills; Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 50% - 74% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
Please apply online at: https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psc/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=242559&PostingSeq=1p >