Position Title: Administrative Services Clerk/Dispatcher
Job Summary: This position is responsible for receiving non-emergency calls for assistance from the public, dispatching appropriate personnel, and maintaining a variety of departmental records.
- Receives, monitors and dispatches radio communications traffic for administrative, investigative personnel, and non-emergency situations.
- Receives and screens all incoming telephone calls from the public and other public safety agencies; categorizes and prioritizes calls. Maintains a continuous log of incoming telephone and radio calls; logs incoming calls for all participating agencies.
- Monitors and routes incoming messages from national and state computer networks. Enters and removes information as requested into National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) networks, including information on missing persons or stolen articles; validates information as required.
- Types files and distributes incident, accident, arrest/booking, and other reports.
- Processes traffic and court fine payments; maintains records of fines collected from Municipal Court proceedings.
- Assists officers by using the GCIC and NCIC computers to run criminal and license histories.
- Runs pawn tickets for the investigators in the department.
- Monitors the alarm panel board for area businesses.
- Enters information such as dispatch cards, traffic citations, police reports, warrant entries, and case data.
- Maintains records of arrests, releases, and housed inmates.
- Processes cash and security bonds on inmates being released.
- Logs citations in the court docket; runs driver’s history reports.
- Sends all accident reports to the State on a monthly basis.
- Notifies Judge when someone is in jail.
- Provides insurance companies with a copy of all accident reports.
- Monitors emergency locates for all utilities and contacts proper authority.
- May assist in providing criminal background checks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local statutes and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the regulations and procedures of state and national crime information centers.
- Knowledge of the geography and street system of the city.
- Knowledge of the dispatching procedures and radio codes used in public safety work.
- Skill in the operation of computers/radio/communications equipment.
- Skill in dealing with the public using electronic, oral, and written communication methods
- Skill in maintaining records and preparing reports.
- Skill in making decisions accurately and rapidly.
- Ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/ internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
Interested in applying? You may submit a letter of interest and resume/application to Human Resources at HR@cityofcartersville.org or in person at 1 N. Erwin St. Cartersville, GA 30120. Or click here to apply online: https://www.cityofcartersville.org/hr/page/administrative-services-clerkdispatcher
Please direct any questions to Human Resources 770-387-5685.
The City of Cartersville is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected status.