The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Dunwoody Police Department is currently accepting applications for a Property and Evidence Technician.
This is an administrative position which works under the direct supervision of the support services division Sergeant. employee is responsible for all departmental equipment and supplies, as well as all property and evidence that is held in civil and criminal cases. position, as needed, is also responsible for issuing all city permits. position conducts business license investigations as required by Dunwoody City Code.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Checks all property and evidence entered into computer databases and notifies supervisors of corrections needed
• Compiles, maintains and issues all departmental equipment and supplies
• Maintains evidence and other property seized or held by the department until final disposition
• Prepares court orders for Superior Court authorizing disposal of all evidence and property, as authorized, when a case has been completed
• Testifies in court regarding chain of custody and any evidence analysis
• Coordinates evidence for court by working with appropriate individuals. Creates copies of video and audio recordings for court and members of the public as requested.
• Maintains and records chain of custody on all property and evidence taken into department. Maintains computer records and written records of all property and evidence.
• Logs and stores incoming evidence and property daily and notifies owner of personal property that is to be returned to owner
• Coordinates with others on property that is to be sent to auction and makes sure that all the necessary paperwork has been completed before the property is auctioned off
• Orders and stocks all supplies for department and maintains access to department facility keys
• Works on a daily basis with officers issuing equipment and uniforms
• Issues and tracks citation books
• Maintains video recording server
• Conducts investigations when issuing special permits that require background and driver history checks. Approves/disapproves permit requests based on the results of the background investigations. Maintains files for each permit issued.
• Issues special permits authorized by City ordinance. Conducts investigations into the background of those individuals requesting special permits. Records approved applications into the computer. Maintains business files of businesses that are permitted.
• Acts as System Administrator for the departmental Records Management System responsible for coordination of field reporting software
• Maintains Subpoena Log
• Completes monthly UCR reporting
• Works cooperatively with the City Clerk to respond to Open Records Requests
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job
Education and/or Experience
a) High School graduate or GED
b) Minimum of two (2) years experience as a property and evidence technician in a police environment
c) An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable
Salary Range: $39,737 - $63,580
• 100% City-Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Wellness Program
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Fitness Center Membership
• Vacation Leave, Holidays, and Sick Leave
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug-Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.