The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Under the general direction of the City Accountant/City Clerk, performs a variety of accounting activities necessary to maintain accounting records and financial data as required for effective management of fiscal affairs. Incumbent may be required to work in excess of the standard 40-hour work week during critical periods with the approval of the City Clerk. Work is reviewed through audit, observation, conferences, reports, reconciliations with other fiscal records, and from results obtained. Performs other work as required.
A. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliations, merchant fee statements, and quarterly bank analysis.
• Prepares monthly Accounts Receivables collections and reports.
• Monitors and prepares the monthly purchasing card statement for payment.
• Prepares journal entries and performs account reconciliations.
• Prepares technical reports for various financial requirements.
• Performs daily maintenance of accounting records via INCODE and personal computer network accounting systems.
• Compiles detailed analysis and reconciliation for annual audit and financial statement preparation.
• Designs and maintains Microsoft Excel spreadsheets at an intermediate level.
• Prepares form letters and correspondence utilizing Microsoft Word.
• Researches and prepares specialized reports for senior management’s use.
• Helps other staff and supervisors as needed.
• Communicates effectively with the public and City staff.
• Reads, listens, and communicates orally and in writing with other City staff about financial matters.
B. OTHER FUNCTIONS
• Assists in auditing of the travel expense reports.
• Assists in annual inventory.
• Assists in the preparation of Capital Accounting Schedules