The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
The City of Vienna is now seeking qualified and highly motivated applicants to fill the position of Community Development Director. Full-time 40 hours per week salaried position commensurate with education and/or experience. Duties to include:
- Economic development and redevelopment, community development, planning, land
development and historic preservation;
- Oversee the short term and long-term planning processes and day to day operations of
downtown development, historic preservation planning, administering and writing
- Explore all development possibilities of residential and commercial within the city of
- Coordinates and conducts regularly scheduled meetings with boards and committees.
- Work closely with the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development Council,
Civic, Community, Industry groups and general public.
Requirements: Must possess journalistic writing, marketing and public relations skills for all functions within the city. Regularly attends meetings and makes presentations. A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in public relations or marketing preferred.
Applications may be picked up at the Vienna City Hall, 203 Cotton Street or downloaded from the city’s website, www.cityofvienna.orgp >