Position: Maintenance Technician / Equipment Operator Department: Airport/Road Departments
Starting Salary: $18.91/hour FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Posting Date: May 5, 2022 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position performs a variety of technical duties in support of airport operations and
maintenance of various county roads.
- Assists the Airport Director with construction and inspections on projects.
- Ensures the airport and grounds are free of debris. Manages vegetation and coordinates its’ removal as necessary.
- Assists fuel purchases and monitors fuel sales.
- Ensures that the airport follows FAA regulations.
- Maintains and repairs airport facilities.
- Works with the Airport Manager to understand and focus on inspecting the runway safety area for potential hazards.
- Operates a tractor / bush hog and other equipment.
- Assists with the airport annual capital and operations budgets.
- Assists Road Department crews with R/W maintenance on various roads.
- Flags traffic at work sites.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Public Works Director, Road Superintendent, or Airport Manager.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Possess a working knowledge of the airport fuel farm and fueling trucks. Ability to receive fuel orders and fuel a variety of aircraft, while observing established safety protocols.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years’ experience or service.
- This is a front-line position and is responsible for greeting airport clients; including pilots, flight crews, and passengers.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The successful candidate must complete a Background/Reference Check and Pre-Employment Drug Screening prior to the start of employment.
Habersham County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: All internal applicants please call the Human Resource Department to get a copy of your application on file. Resumes will be accepted if you already have an application on file. If you do not have an application on file, please complete a Habersham County employment application, and submit a copy to Human Resources along with a copy of your resume. Applications and a detailed job description can be picked up at the Habersham County Human Resources Department, Administration Building located at 130 Jacob’s Way, Clarkesville, GA 30523 in room 303. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.