Glynn County Board of Commissioners is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant to the County Manager. This position provides highly responsible, complex professional level administrative, managerial, and analytical assistance to the County Manager.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the County Manger’s liaison in various areas.
- Assisting the County Manager with strategic and long-range planning;
- Supporting the County Manager in reviewing and preparing legislative and policy proposals packages for County-wide coordination;
- Analyzes, administers, and/or leads efforts supporting a diverse variety of programs/projects;
- Conducts complex operational research, productivity analyses and management studies to assist in the management of county operations, programs, and services;
- Independently reviews, analyzes, and evaluates reports, proposals, studies etc., submitted to the County Manager for action to ensure they meet all requirements and are consistent with County policy-making recommendations for final actions;
- Reviews and evaluates information in controversial programs or project areas, recognizing the need for consistent application of procedural positions and County interest;
- Advises and represents the County Manager on risk analysis and coordinates with County department heads to conduct County-wide risk analysis;
- Represents the County Manager and the County at various meetings, functions, and events;
- Serves as a liaison to various civic or governmental organizations and committees, taskforces, boards, and commissions;
- Makes presentations and provides information about county operations; participates in discussions and decisions;
- Provides complex administrative and managerial assistance to the County Manager; and
- Relieves County Manager of routine administrative tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, or field related to assigned operation, or equivalent technical experience and certification; supplemented by four (4) year(s) of previous experience and/or training that includes administrative and management assistance work at a senior level, office administration, and personal computer operations; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Entry Rate of Pay: $71,053. Full Salary Range: $71,053 - $113,609. In addition to a competitive salary, Glynn County offers an excellent benefit package including:
- Health Insurance including medical and pharmacy
- Wellness Program and Onsite Employee Wellness Center
- Life Insurance and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits including flexible spending accounts, dental insurance, vision insurance, cancer insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, short-term disability, voluntary term life insurance and universal life insurance with a long-term care rider.
- Generous Holiday & Leave Program
- Retirement Program: Defined Contribution plan (401 (a)) is provided in which the County funds a base of 3% and matches up to an additional 3% based on the employee’s contribution into a 457 (b) deferred compensation program.
- Travel Expenses
- Cellular Phone Allowance
Interested applicants should visit Glynn County’s Employment Opportunities page on our website at https://glynncountyga.munisselfservice.com/employmentopportunities/default.aspx. Applicants must complete an application and submit a compelling cover letter and résumé highlighting related background, education and experience to the Glynn County Human Resources Department.
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Please direct correspondence and questions to:
Orah L. Reed, IPMA-SCP
Director, Human Resources
Glynn County Human Resources Department
1725 Reynolds Street, Suite 102
Brunswick, GA 31520