The City of Woodstock, Georgia is seeking a Human Resources Generalist I. This full-time position performs specialized professional administrative work in support of the Human Resources Department. Provides advice, coordination, and training to all City employees to include but not be limited to electronic timekeeping, benefit programs and related subjects. This position interacts with employees, supervisors, managers, directors, elected officials, members of the general public, and representatives of external organizations.
- Manages and maintains electronic and paper-bound personnel records and files; maintains the confidentiality of personnel records to the extent permitted by state and federal laws.
- Assists with receiving, processing, and managing open positions and applications. Performs employment verification and background checks.
- Prepares, maintains, updates, and conducts employee on-boarding activities; verifies completion of appropriate electronic and physical documents required of new hires, some of which require notarization and/or certification.
- Develops benefit information packets for new hires, existing employees and dependents; administers health and wellness plans and processes annual open enrollment and year-round online and paper-bound enrollment changes to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Assists in management of City Wellness Program and provides updates and communication of the program between the vendor and employees. Ensure compliance with the requirements established and that monthly updates are received by all parties.
- Responsible for ensuring electronic and manual employee benefit changes are processed in a timely manner; communicates changes to responsible third-party administrators as needed and ensure invoices are reconciled for accuracy.
- Incumbent assists in processing all first reports of injury and near-miss accident reports; manages electronic claims log; provides updates to third party administrator; and serves as a liaison between administrator and employer. Incumbent refers employee to third party administrator as needed.
- Incumbent reviews electronic timecards for compliance with applicable federal, state and city laws and practices; reconciles leave requests with electronic time records; and inputs as well as retrieves data using HRIS software for payroll processing and timekeeping purposes.
- Handles the completion and data entry of employee compensation and personnel change requests into HRIS system.
- With tact and professionalism, receives inquiries from citizens, employees, department supervisors and elected officials via e-mail, fax, walk-in, and telephone; assists, resolves and/or directs inquiry to appropriate personnel; responds to Open Records requests in a timely manner.
- Using HRIS data, reconciles benefits invoices with City records to ensure accuracy of third-party billing. Codes and routes invoices for payment. From time-to-time, may conduct pre and post-audits by examining and verifying provider invoices.
- Through use of HRIS and/or MS Office products, manages and disseminates performance evaluation reports to Department Directors on a quarterly, annual and periodic basis to ensure timely completion of employee performance appraisals. Processes, files, and maintains performance evaluations in paperbound and electronic employee files.
- Prepares separation notices for terminated employees and ensures all exit paperwork is handled in a timely manner as required by applicable law.
- Electronically compiles, prepares, and distributes as needed daily, weekly, monthly and/or annual reports as well as other relevant materials to the appropriate department. Composes correspondence covering a variety of employee matters and performs a variety of complex administrative support duties.
- Incumbent ensures compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies related to employee benefits programs and hiring practices.
- Conducts research; may perform human resources and risk management studies; completes special projects as required.
- May order supplies as necessary; processes invoices for payment; verifies compliance with purchasing policies and available funds; obtains oral and written quotes from vendors.
- Incumbent maintains open and effective working relationships with employees and supervisors to help ensure effective department operations.
- Coordinates employee engagement activities such as new hire lunches, welcome packets and gear, employee recognition items, engagement surveys and appreciation events. Develops practices to foster a positive employer-employee relationship.
- Assists with maintenance of City Intranet/HR Page and City Organizational Chart.
- Operates a variety of modern office equipment (examples include but are not limited to the following: combined fax, copier, scanner, and printer devices, personal computer, 10-key adding machine or calculator, multi-line voice-over-internet phone, cellular phone, digital, online postage machine, and related equipment).
Education & Experience:
(A) Baccalaureate degree in human resources, business administration, public administration, or related field,
(B) One (1) to three (3) years progressively responsible experience performing generalist human resources functions, HRIS administration, benefits administration and/or related HR activities. Preference for public sector HR experience.
More information can be found at the City of Woodstock’s web site: www.woodstockga.gov.
The City of Woodstock provides a competitive benefits and compensation package to eligible employees including paid time off, health, dental, vision, and employer-paid long-term disability as well as life insurance; an employer-paid pension plan and 457 tax deferred savings plan w/employer match; and free gym membership.