PURPOSE AND ROLE
This position reports to the Water Resources Director and utilizes professional experience in, utility management, project management, construction administration and operations, to assist the Director in ongoing operations and project management, and management tasks including, but not limited to, the following essential functions:
In association with the Director and other members of the technical staff, the following duties and responsibilities are essential for this position.
- Supports Water Business Office (WBO), Distribution & Collection and Water Quality areas of the Department including,
- Coordinates assessment and inventory of available transmission and treatment capacity between Director, Assistant Director, Supervisors and WBO.
- Maintains inventory of allocated capacity for water and wastewater treatment capacity allocation.
- Checks and approves water treatment and wastewater treatment capacity allocations for new or existing water or wastewater connections,
- Performs quality assurance checks for Administrative, WBO and Inspection functions within the Engineering Office.
- Assists water and wastewater plant managers with permitting and updates of treatment facilities
- Maintains and updates Water & Wastewater Standards, Specifications and Detail Drawings,
- Oversees resolution of citizen complaints / citizen notifications such as Boil Advisories/ inquiries as related to water and wastewater infrastructure,
- Adheres to and ensures adherence to established safety procedures and County Safety Policies and Procedures; oversees utilization of safety equipment and monitors work environment to ensure safety of employees and other individuals,
- Oversees maintenance and updates of Department maps, historic and record drawings and records storage areas,
- Responsible to stay current on new rules/legislation pertaining to Water and Sewer regulations.
- Oversee Operations Area including Annual Water Audit, CCR, and Permits for Georgia EPD.
- Assists with production of data for Annual Budget and Capital Improvements Plan.
- Under the oversight of the Director/Assistant Director, assists with the planning, design, engineering and construction administration associated with County infrastructure projects including the following:
- Identifies the work activities and projects necessary to achieve overall annual or program objectives,
- Assists Director with long-range planning updates,
- Provides technical information to developers and contractors relating to constructing water and wastewater facilities,
- Monitors the progress of the projects to ensure that County resources and funds are used efficiently,
- Coordinates the activities of other County Departments and outside agencies as needed to achieve the project objectives.
- Oversees operations personnel including, water, distribution, and collection staff.
- Preparation of annual performance evaluation
- Administers or makes recommendation for routing personnel matters affecting direct subordinates including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, granting leave, appraising and disciplining, etc.
Candidate will be expected to possess a County mobile telephone and other digital equipment for Departmental use during work hours or during on-call hours. The position requires the candidate to operate a County vehicle during performance of work tasks.
Associate’s Degree in Water Resources, Environmental Science, or Engineering Technology from an accredited engineering program is preferred but not required.
A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in utility operations or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position is preferred but not required.
Must have a State of Georgia Water and/or Wastewater Class I License, Class I Water preferred. Candidate must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s license.