The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Reporting to the Solid Waste Director this position is responsible for operating a roll-off truck in the collection of solid waste.
Salary: $16.30/Hourly to $19.10/Hourly DOE/DOQ
Posting Dates: Until Filled
Submit resume to Bartow County Human Resources Department, 135 West Cherokee Ave. St. 256 Cartersville, Georgia 30120 or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Drives a roll-off truck along a predetermined routed to collect and transport solid waste. • Inspects dumpsters for unacceptable solid waste and dumpster repair needs. • Retrieves recyclables containers. • Takes waste to landfill and deposits materials as directed by site supervisors. • Performs pre-trip inspections to assigned equipment or vehicle; checks brakes, lights, belts, hoses, fluid levels, air pressure, etc., reports equipment or vehicle service, maintenance, or repair needs to immediate supervisor. • Provides information and assistance to customers. • Maintains responsibility for assigned equipment or vehicle; cleans and washes assigned equipment and vehicles. • Completes and maintains all required logs and reports. • Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of the basic methods, techniques, and equipment used in solid waste and recyclables collection activities. • Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and operating procedures related to the operation and maintenance of solid waste trucks and related equipment. • Knowledge of county geography, including street locations. • Knowledge of safety rules and regulations. • Skill in utilizing a variety of tools and equipment in performing solid waste collection activities. • Skill in troubleshooting and maintaining vehicles. • Skill in the operation of a refuse collection truck. • Skill in oral and written communication.
The Solid Waste Truck Driver Manager assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include county and department policies and procedures, supervisory instructions, traffic laws, and safety regulations. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related duties connected to operating a roll-off truck. Heavy traffic, unsanitary conditions, and inclement weather contribute to the complexity of the position. • The purpose of this position is to operate a roll-off truck in the collection of solid waste. Successful performance helps ensure the efficient collection of solid waste.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other county employees, and the general public. • Contacts are typically to give or exchange information and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending, or crouching. The employee frequently lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color. • The work is typically performed outdoors where the employee may be exposed to noise, dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, contagious or infectious diseases, irritating chemicals, and cold or inclement weather. The work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education. • Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years. • Possession of Class B Commercial driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia.p >