The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Reporting to the Solid Waste Director, this position performs the Compactor Attendant duties by opening and closing the collection site and directs users to the appropriate sites for disposal or recycling.
Posting: Until Filled
Submit resume to Bartow County HR via email to email@example.com or via mail to Bartow County Human Resources, 135 West Cherokee Avenue, St. 256, Cartersville, Ga. 30120
• Directs users to proper compactor and recycling bins. • Assures trash is compacted and trash is picked up around the site. • Keeps compactors washed out and cleaned daily. • Cleans buildings and surrounding areas. • Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of compactor equipment operation. • Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions. • Skill in the cleaning and maintenance of buildings and grounds. • Skill in oral and written communication.
The Solid Waste Director or the Collections Center Manager assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include department policies and procedures and safety guidelines. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related maintenance duties. Inclement weather contributes to the complexity of the position. • The purpose of this position is to maintain department buildings and grounds. Success in this position results in the provision of safe, attractive and well-maintained facilities.
• Contacts are typically with other county employees and members of the general public. • Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects and utilizes the sense of smell. • The work is typically performed indoors and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee is exposed to dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, and irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent. • Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position.p >