The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Reporting to the Solid Waste Director, this position is responsible for performing grounds and building maintenance duties.
Salary: $14.06 to $16.47/Hourly DOE/DOQ
Posting: Until Filled
Submit resume to Bartow County HR via email to email@example.com, or via mail at Bartow County HR, 135 W Cherokee Ave, STE 256, Cartersville, GA 30120.
• Performs grounds maintenance; cuts grass and weeds. • Collects trash and litter. • Cleans up spills and collection and recycling centers. • Purchases and delivers supplies. • Operates a compactor as needed. • Trims shrubs and tree limbs. • Maintains small engine equipment; makes repairs. • Assists in addressing drainage problems at the landfill. • Paints interior and exterior surfaces. • Makes carpentry repairs. • Mends fences. • Fills pot holes. • Pressure washes concrete pads. • Collects well water samples. • Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of landscaping and grounds maintenance principles. • Knowledge of building maintenance principles. • Knowledge of equipment operation and maintenance principles. • Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions. • Skill in the cleaning and maintenance of buildings and grounds. • Skill in oral and written communication.
The supervisor assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include department policies and procedures and safety guidelines. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related maintenance duties. Inclement weather contributes to the complexity of the position. • The purpose of this position is to maintain department buildings and grounds. Success in this position results in the provision of safe, attractive and well-maintained facilities.
• Contacts are typically with other county employees and members of the general public. • Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and utilizes the sense of smell. • The work is typically performed indoors and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather. The employee is exposed to dust, dirt, grease, machinery with moving parts, and irritating chemicals. Work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, gloves, etc.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent. • Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years. • Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operatedp >