The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Reporting to the Road Director, performs laboring duties necessary to maintain and repair county roads.
Salary: $14.06/Hourly to $16.47/Hourly DOE/DOQ
Posting: Until Filled
Submit resume to Bartow County Human Resources via email to email@example.com or via mail at Bartow County Human Resources, 135 West Cherokee Ave. St. 256 Cartersville, Georgia 30120
• Performs road repair duties. • Assists in the installation and repair of pipes and other drainage structures. • Performs grounds maintenance duties. • Operates a vehicle to transport equipment, materials and personnel to and from work sites. • Cleans trash and debris from roadways. • Installs street signs. • Flags traffic at work sites. • Assists in maintaining tools and equipment. • Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of county and departmental policies and procedures. • Knowledge of safety rules and regulations. • Knowledge of the proper placement of guide signs. • Knowledge of road maintenance and repair techniques. • Skill in the operation of a variety of vehicles and equipment. • Skill in flagging traffic and establishing safe work zones. • Skill in the use of hand and power tools.
The supervisor assigns work in terms of somewhat general instructions. The work is reviewed for compliance with instructions and procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results. GUIDELINES Guidelines include county and departmental rules and safety procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related duties in road maintenance and repair. Inclement weather conditions contribute to the complexity of the work. • The purpose of this position is to repair and maintain county roads and stormwater systems. Successful performance in this position contributes to safe and functional county roads.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers and the general public. • Contacts are typically to exchange information and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee must lift light and heavy objects, climb ladders, and use tools requiring a high degree of dexterity. • The work is performed outdoors and exposes the employee to noise, dirt, dust, grease, noise, inclement weather, extreme heat, and machinery with moving parts. The work requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, and gloves.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent. • No experience requirements. • Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.p >