The leading source of local government job opportunities in Georgia.
Bartow County Government
Reporting to the Senior Services Director this position is responsible for assisting with the senior services programming.
Posting Dates: Until Filled
Submit resume to Bartow County Human Resources Department, 135 West Cherokee Ave. St. 256 Cartersville, Georgia 30120 or email resume to email@example.com
• Assists in the programs and services.
• Participates in daily, overnight and extended trips. • Assists with greeting senior participants.
• Picks up supplies as needed.
• Works with Senior Center Director and staff to ensure buildings are prepared for senior programs.
• Answers telephone and directs callers.
• Collects fees.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of senior citizen programming strategies.
• Knowledge of county and departmental policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in working with the public.
The Director of Senior Services assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include Bartow County Senior Center policies and procedures and other county and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of related program coordination duties. The unique and changing needs of the senior population contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to assist with the development and implementation of Senior Center programs and events. Successful performance provides programs and assistance for area senior citizens.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, clients, other county employees, representatives of other organizations, vendors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, motivate persons, resolve problems, provide services, and negotiate or justify matters.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while standing or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light objects and climbs ladders.
• The work is typically performed in an office and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclement weather.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operatedp >