Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision. Implements and administers electronic document management systems and related procedures to capture, store, scan, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents. Serves as job expert or organization resource for electronic files. Serves as front desk executive personnel. Assist Office Manager with various assignments. Reports to the Procurement Director or other designated person. Works with co-workers, other personnel, and the public to support document management programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains file system of a variety of department files/records and information: reviews, prepares, and organizes documents and files; verifies, completes and/or codes required information; scans and enters information into document management system; shreds/destroys confidential or obsolete documents; and conducts records maintenance activities in compliance with guidelines governing record retention.
- Greets visitors and the general public: provides information/assistance regarding department services, procedures, documentation, or other issues on the phone or in person; distributes forms and documentation; responds to questions or complaints; researches problems/complaints; and initiates problem resolution.
- Receives and logs department documents by mail, in person or by fax: clocks in, logs, and files documents per department procedures.
- Assists with other department administrative tasks: enters information and data into department systems; completes and forwards forms and documents; makes copies; and processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Monitors and maintains document management equipment: schedules preventative maintenance and repairs; and reports problems and repair needs to department management.
Education: High school diploma or GED is required
Experience: Two years of experience in records management, customer service, office administration or related field
- Familiarity with Augusta-Richmond County and departmental policies and procedures
- Exercise sound and ethical judgment when acting on behalf of the Procurement Department
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Organization skills
- Ability to maintain consistency in work processes
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to operate office equipment (computer, copy and fax machine)
- Ability to comprehend policy and procedures
- Ability to safeguard confidential and sensitive information that has legal and personal consequences if divulged
- Ability to determine a solution and method to follow based upon requested transactions
- Ability to function in a busy and fast pace work environment
- Ability to work independently or in a group
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.