Location:Lawrenceville Public Works Facility, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Job Status:Full-Time Shift:7:30 AM - 4:30 PMDays:Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.Hours Per Week:40
Rate of Pay:$42,424.20 - $42,424.20
This position performs technical duties in the location of underground utilities.
- Reviews information on locate tickets to plan routes.
- Reads and interprets utility maps to identify type and size of underground utilities.
- Operates electronic detection equipment to locate and mark underground utilities.
- Marks the location of utilities with stakes, flags, or paint; photographs all locate activities.
- Performs light excavations with shovel and post-hole diggers as needed.
- Closes out excavation notices and reports to GA-811.
- Reports leaks and unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Inspects above ground facilities for evidence of corrosion.
- Consults with contractors, developers, builders, state and local authorities, and construction firms regarding the location of underground utilities.
- Maintains records and prepares reports.
- Performs public awareness activities including educating excavators and homeowners of relevant laws and safety procedures.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Must have a good driving record.
The beginning salary will fall within the pay range listed above, depending on qualifications.
The City of Lawrenceville is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or any other status protected by applicable Federal, State, or local laws.
Application Special Instructions
The following documents are REQUIRED in order for your application to be complete:
- Please attach a copy of your diploma or equivalent.
- Please attach a copy of your resume.